New owner. Not liking treble channel.

Yngwie Malmsteen's YJM

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

capriccio
<25
<25
Has Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 0

Re: New owner. Not liking treble channel.

Postby capriccio » 18 Mar 2012, 03:03

The built-in booster is nothing more than Dod yjm 308 (I've got it and it's really the same things)....so I think it's just for malmsteen "cutting tone" fans...(bear in mind that it's a signature head) ...but you can use the YJM 100 like a simply classic "Plexy" head , with your favorite overdrive or with everything else you want . Really really simple.

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Postby Mats A » 18 Mar 2012, 08:14

Does a Dod Preamp/Overdrive really boost that much treble?

capriccio
<25
<25
Has Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 0

Postby capriccio » 18 Mar 2012, 09:15

Mats A wrote:Does a Dod Preamp/Overdrive really boost that much treble?
Yeah friend...really...I'm talking about the "dod yjm 308" , the black one.....to be onest is the boost with more treble I've ever heard.

sheguitarplayer
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby sheguitarplayer » 18 Mar 2012, 14:47

Well after spending over a week with this amp Ive decided I love it.
Had problems at first with the combination of a high output guitar (evh wolfgang) the booster and the power attenuation.
Ive since got hold of a rock crusher which works great with the amp, and now Im enjoying the booster to full effect.
I like the epa above noon, but this is still loud, and is in fact about the volume of the first attenuation setting on the rock crusher so for quieter gigs I will take that along with me.
I had toyed with the idea of returning it and just getting a reissue plexi instead, but I got this one in mint second hand condition from Coda music for £999, so its no contest really. I use power attenuation of one sort or another more or less all the time so the self biasing feature is gonna be a godsend saving numerous trips to the guitar tech. It was also great fun to turn up at band rehearsal with just the amp cab and a guitar and watch everyones reaction when it started to sing..........
Im amazed just how versatile the amp is, those 2 volume controls make for a wide variety of tones.

Now then, anyone in the UK using a variac for that brown sound?
Was looking to give that a try but everything Ive seen on the net is talking about US voltages, so was hoping someone might have a few pointers.

Return to “Marshall YJM 100”