snark
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 18 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Another eagle has landed

Postby snark » 12 Apr 2012, 15:27

TonyC wrote:
snark wrote:Don't forget that this amp is easily biased like the AFD... Changing the bias can also produce some interesting results... try it...
Did you experiment with different bias settings? If so, what happens when having it cold versus hot?
I did experiment..for the amps that I use for higher gain I bias at a higher level..for clean I go much lower .. all according to the provided chart guidelines shipped with the amp. Crunch but not high gain..is biased somewhere in the middle..

The colder bias setting really gave a great sound to my dry rig...

TonyC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 27 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: Another eagle has landed

Postby TonyC » 12 Apr 2012, 15:50

snark wrote:
TonyC wrote:
snark wrote:Don't forget that this amp is easily biased like the AFD... Changing the bias can also produce some interesting results... try it...
Did you experiment with different bias settings? If so, what happens when having it cold versus hot?
I did experiment..for the amps that I use for higher gain I bias at a higher level..for clean I go much lower .. all according to the provided chart guidelines shipped with the amp. Crunch but not high gain..is biased somewhere in the middle..

The colder bias setting really gave a great sound to my dry rig...
Ok, but that wasn't a very descriptive answer :crazy

I was more thinking about character in tone (thin, plonky, fat, etc) and if you possibly could get some juice back (when not diming the EPA) by biasing it a little hotter. Or other things noted.

Return to “Marshall YJM 100”