Is the YJM100 the amp for me? or should I buy a 2203?

Yngwie Malmsteen's YJM

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: Is the YJM100 the amp for me? or should I buy a 2203?

Postby Mats A » 03 Oct 2012, 08:49

Congratulations and good luck with your YJM100! It´s a BIG beautiful amp.

Encore
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 55 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Encore » 03 Oct 2012, 14:58

tritono wrote:I only hope that the amp is working at his best integrity and that all tubes are in perfect condition too (a technical problem would be a nightmare for me). But I trust that life sent me a perfect condition YJM100.
I had the same hopes when I bought my first tube amp Vintage Modern 2466.. Few days later I ended up reading FAQ about valve replacement and how to bias the amp. :laugh
Any way, if you'll use it carefully then there is no need to be worry. I think you've made the right decision going through all these problems and getting yourself a YJM100!
Amps: AFD 100 - 1960 AV - Vintage Modern 2466 - Class 5 Combo MK1
Guitars: Gibson SG Standard (SD APH-2s) - Fender Stratocaster Highway One

tritono
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby tritono » 03 Oct 2012, 16:49

Thanks guys. Its a BIG giant amp. Its intimidating in a good way. Its look pro and its like a music monument that scream "dont fuck with me, Im the Boss of the final stage :sport ". One bad thing about the method of shipping is that the amp in the box for the front and for the back dont have any protection, just air between box and amp. It comes securely and does not slip but a hit in the front of the box or in the back can destroy the housing of the amp. In fact I have read a thread that a chinese guy started in the marshall forum some days ago because his amp came with a part of the front of the amp destroyed. Fortunately my amp looks good and solid. I dismantled the amp and inside the attention to detail is less than perfect for the housing of the amp than outside but it not affect so all good. I hope to be able to buy the 4x12 really really soon. The only cab that I can buy here is the Marshall 1960. I wish that I'll like and enjoy the celestions that the cab has (some people hate them). I know Yngwie uses them but at max volume. We will see whats gonna happen. :Cheers

Return to “Marshall YJM 100”