StillDizzy
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Bright input of channel I sounds very dark all of a sudden

Postby StillDizzy » 06 Aug 2012, 08:45

Greetings,

I am the proud owner of a yjm100 but I must say that I'm getting quite dissapointed in this amp. When I bought it about 9 months ago it broke down on me 2 days after I got it. All of a sudden the bright input of channel I sounded extremely dark. Even with the treble (on both the amp and my guitar) and presence knobs turned all the way up and the bass and middle rolled all the way off it still felt like I was playing bass guitar. The funny thing is that the amp sounded normal when I played through the other 3 inputs. So I'm thinking it has got something to do with the gate and/or boost circuitry.

Anyway, I took it back to the store and the store owner luckily was kind enough to swap the amp for a brand new yjm100. My second yjm worked fine for about 9 months. Yesterday, after band practice, the exact same problem occurs. The upper left input sounds dark and bassy. Auto-bias doesn't change the situation.

Is there anyone who had similar problems? I can't imagine myself being the only one since this happened to both my amps.

I'm getting this fixed and then I'm getting rid of the yjm. I think the 1959slp reissue is going to be far more reliable.

Mat_P
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Bright input of channel I sounds very dark all of a sudd

Postby Mat_P » 07 Aug 2012, 04:50

Sorry to dissapoint you, I've read probably every thread in the www dealing with the YJM but this is the first time I hear something like that.
Mine works fine so far.

Return to “Marshall YJM 100”