TC Electronics G-Syrtem with YJM Effect Loop Proplem!

Yngwie Malmsteen's YJM

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

sikter
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 463 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Re: TC Electronics G-Syrtem with YJM Effect Loop Proplem!

Postby sikter » 20 Jun 2013, 00:05

moonietv wrote:sikter, need additional help!
You are the man! Thank you very much, it did work! I have finally have control of my front panel knobs.

Now my issue is how do I adjust my global levels for best overdrive pedals sound. I currently have my overdrive pedals connected between the guitar and the G system input, I am not using the G System 4 effect loops. Is that the correct way? Also, I am currently using the G system Gate Vs. The YJM Gate. The YJM gate adds a tremolo effect when it is engaged. So I use the G System gate and it works except I get lite hissing sound when her guitar pick touches the strings.

Any further advise is appreciated!
See my previous post regarded to hiss. I don't understand how my answer came before your question.
Beside that I think it's hooked correctly. 4 additional loops are 4 loops too many. Just kidding :beerbud
Anyway they are there for connection of 4 more effects but you have plenty of those already in your G system.

In theory this is optimal way to connect G-system to tube amp but problem in real life could be the cable length.
Regardless if TRS cables help or not you need to optimize your settings inside TC G-system.
Remember that I'm writing this as a general guide. I never owned G-system. I just kind of know how it's supposed to work.

Another advice:
Give your amp chance without G-system. I think you'll end up using it that way.
:dunno

moonietv
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: TC Electronics G-Syrtem with YJM Effect Loop Proplem!

Postby moonietv » 20 Jun 2013, 09:58

Sikter, Thank you again for all the valuable information!

Return to “Marshall YJM 100”