So, does it take pedals ok? and does it have much clarity?

Haze 40watt and 15 watt

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Forum rules
HAZE MHZ 15 HEAD- 15W, guitar head-unit, five-tube chassis, preamp: 3 X ECC83, power: 2 X 6V6, solid-state rectifier, two channels, reverb, echo, vibe, chorus, front gold control panel, single input, nine knobs (effects adjust, effects depth, r, b, m, t, OD v, OD g, Clean v), power switch, effects switch, channel switch, bright switch, rear panel: emulated line out, two speaker jacks (16 ohm, 8 ohm), effects loop with on/off switch, footswitch jack, two-button footswitch included, black covering, gray grille with white piping and white script Marshall logo, 20.5 lbs., mfg. 2009-2012.

HAZE MHZ 40C COMBO - 40W, 1-12 in. Celestion G12T-66 speaker, guitar combo, five-tube chassis, preamp: 3 X ECC83, power: 2 X EL34, solid-state rectifier, two channels, reverb, echo, vibe, chorus, front gold control panel, single input, 10 knobs (Normal Ch. v, OD Ch. v, OD Ch. g, t, m, b, p, r, effect depth, effects adjust), bright switch, boost switch (Normal Ch.), channel switch, boost switch (OD Ch.), effects switch, standby switch, power switch, rear panel: emulated line out, two speaker jacks (16 ohm, 8 ohm), effects loop with on/off switch, footswitch jack, two-button footswitch included, black covering, gray grille with white piping and white script Marshall logo, 44.7 lbs., mfg. 2009-2012.

HAZE MHZ112 SPEAKER CABINET - 1-12 in. Celestion G12-66 Marquee speaker, closed back, straight or angled front, designed for use with the Haze MHZ 15 Head, black covering, dark gray grille cloth with white piping and white script Marshall logo, mfg. 2009-2012.

danhorse
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

So, does it take pedals ok? and does it have much clarity?

Postby danhorse » 14 Mar 2012, 12:57

Interested in this amp as the price isnt bad and the size is right too. But it needs to work as a clean base for me pedals (home use), and have a decent degree of clarity.

Experiances?

shaun
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 22 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: So, does it take pedals ok? and does it have much clarit

Postby shaun » 14 Mar 2012, 23:15

I have the Haze 15 Head.
I only really use the OD channel for now. I have the preamp gain on about 3 o'clock to full, and just use an OD pedal for a slight gain boost.
When the preamp is not pushed, it does retain clarity. But i have never tried it clean, and using a pedal soley for the OD tone.
For what they are, they are a good sounding amp, but the choice of speaker and cab will make a huge difference. I did a brightness mod to mine though, as i found it a but muddy at low poweramp volumes.
Cranked, they can get loud enough for small band rehersals.
"Anyway, I see this forum isn't too happening, but hopefully I'll get some responses." Sully

"I find the above statement offensive. Funny, but offensive. No offense intended by my comments." Shaun

Bear04
<25
<25
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 0

Postby Bear04 » 26 Apr 2012, 19:33

I have the Haze 15 and just use the foot switch to change between clean and drive. I have used pedals in the past and they worked fairly well, however I do wish it had an effects loop. Anyway, I found that using the clean channel and being able to adjust the gain to get the 'crunch' I was looking for was more than enough and I quit using any pedals. Like I said, the Haze 15 did take my pedals pretty good, especially my TS9 into the clean channel. As for clarity, I heard someone say that the 'bright' switch gave it an almost Fendery sound, and that seems very accurate to me. Very crisp and clean on the clean channel. But speaking from personal experience, if you're playing a Tele you'll probably want to turn the bright switch off...

JimDep
The Chiller
The Chiller
Has Liked: 209 times
Been liked: 127 times

Postby JimDep » 26 Apr 2012, 21:44

Hey Bear04, glad you made it over from the ACS. Bookmark this forum, make yourself at home. Thanks for joining in! :welcome :Thumbs

Return to “Marshall Haze”