Intermittent volume drop out

Haze 40watt and 15 watt

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Forum rules
HAZE MHZ 15 HEAD- 15W, guitar head-unit, five-tube chassis, preamp: 3 X ECC83, power: 2 X 6V6, solid-state rectifier, two channels, reverb, echo, vibe, chorus, front gold control panel, single input, nine knobs (effects adjust, effects depth, r, b, m, t, OD v, OD g, Clean v), power switch, effects switch, channel switch, bright switch, rear panel: emulated line out, two speaker jacks (16 ohm, 8 ohm), effects loop with on/off switch, footswitch jack, two-button footswitch included, black covering, gray grille with white piping and white script Marshall logo, 20.5 lbs., mfg. 2009-2012.

HAZE MHZ 40C COMBO - 40W, 1-12 in. Celestion G12T-66 speaker, guitar combo, five-tube chassis, preamp: 3 X ECC83, power: 2 X EL34, solid-state rectifier, two channels, reverb, echo, vibe, chorus, front gold control panel, single input, 10 knobs (Normal Ch. v, OD Ch. v, OD Ch. g, t, m, b, p, r, effect depth, effects adjust), bright switch, boost switch (Normal Ch.), channel switch, boost switch (OD Ch.), effects switch, standby switch, power switch, rear panel: emulated line out, two speaker jacks (16 ohm, 8 ohm), effects loop with on/off switch, footswitch jack, two-button footswitch included, black covering, gray grille with white piping and white script Marshall logo, 44.7 lbs., mfg. 2009-2012.

HAZE MHZ112 SPEAKER CABINET - 1-12 in. Celestion G12-66 Marquee speaker, closed back, straight or angled front, designed for use with the Haze MHZ 15 Head, black covering, dark gray grille cloth with white piping and white script Marshall logo, mfg. 2009-2012.

12barjunkie
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 4 times

Intermittent volume drop out

Postby 12barjunkie » 23 Oct 2013, 10:56

I plugged into my Haze 40 today for the first time in about 6 months. Still sounded pretty good. Since I bought it about 3 years ago, I've changed the speaker (Eminence GB), biased the tubes, clipped C73 and piggy backed the C73 onto C72. Also I jumpered R88. It now sounds exactly like I want it too, but...as I was playing it, just lovin' the tone I was gettin', the volume started cutting in and out. It would be loud, scratchy, soft scratchy and back and forth and then so on. If I really hit the chords HARD, it would come back for a while and then cut out again. when I've had this problem before, I opened it up, reseated the tubes in the sockets (yes they WERE loose) and everything was fine. Today I did the same thing, but still the same problem. I'm hoping maybe I only need some new power tubes; (I put in new preamp tubes) what do you guys think?

Anitoli
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 2688 times

Re: Intermittent volume drop out

Postby Anitoli » 23 Oct 2013, 16:50

New tubes and clean the tube pins and sockets with D5 and all contact points and see if that helps for starters.

Return to “Marshall Haze”