Marshall Haze Amps launched

Haze 40watt and 15 watt

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Forum rules
HAZE MHZ 15 HEAD- 15W, guitar head-unit, five-tube chassis, preamp: 3 X ECC83, power: 2 X 6V6, solid-state rectifier, two channels, reverb, echo, vibe, chorus, front gold control panel, single input, nine knobs (effects adjust, effects depth, r, b, m, t, OD v, OD g, Clean v), power switch, effects switch, channel switch, bright switch, rear panel: emulated line out, two speaker jacks (16 ohm, 8 ohm), effects loop with on/off switch, footswitch jack, two-button footswitch included, black covering, gray grille with white piping and white script Marshall logo, 20.5 lbs., mfg. 2009-2012.

HAZE MHZ 40C COMBO - 40W, 1-12 in. Celestion G12T-66 speaker, guitar combo, five-tube chassis, preamp: 3 X ECC83, power: 2 X EL34, solid-state rectifier, two channels, reverb, echo, vibe, chorus, front gold control panel, single input, 10 knobs (Normal Ch. v, OD Ch. v, OD Ch. g, t, m, b, p, r, effect depth, effects adjust), bright switch, boost switch (Normal Ch.), channel switch, boost switch (OD Ch.), effects switch, standby switch, power switch, rear panel: emulated line out, two speaker jacks (16 ohm, 8 ohm), effects loop with on/off switch, footswitch jack, two-button footswitch included, black covering, gray grille with white piping and white script Marshall logo, 44.7 lbs., mfg. 2009-2012.

HAZE MHZ112 SPEAKER CABINET - 1-12 in. Celestion G12-66 Marquee speaker, closed back, straight or angled front, designed for use with the Haze MHZ 15 Head, black covering, dark gray grille cloth with white piping and white script Marshall logo, mfg. 2009-2012.

Dirty Dog
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Marshall Haze Amps launched

Postby Dirty Dog » 02 Apr 2009, 08:37

So Steve D is this what you've been working on :think

MKB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: Marshall Haze Amps launched

Postby MKB » 02 Apr 2009, 10:06

Very cool, low power Marshall all tube amp (uses 6V6's for around 15 watts), channel switching, and multiple effects. If the price is right, they may sell a ton of these. Sweet!!

http://www.marshallamps.com/product_ran ... 20Overview

thehubinator
<25
<25

Postby thehubinator » 02 Apr 2009, 11:01

Damnit!!! Why do you guys do this to me. My poor wallet may have to go hungry for a while once these come out. I need a good combo amp anyway for practice. Damn you Marshall!!! Damn you and your God like amps to hell!!!
"My 2x12 is covered with elephant foreskin- if you rub it it turns into a full stack!"

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 02 Apr 2009, 16:16

Hmmm, very interesting. I'm not going to judge it without trying one out (or at least hearing one) first, BUT I can tell you that I don't like 2 channel amps and integrated effects are usually crap IMO.
I do like the looks of the combo though. Like an old Bluesbreaker. If the VM combo had looked like that (instead of the control panel facing the front) I probably would have bought one of them instead of the head/2x12.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted

Postby slowpokerhino » 02 Apr 2009, 16:38

WOW, just watched the demo vid. Sounds VERY good.....too good. :bang

Here's Doug Aldrich playing through one.

[youtube][/youtube]

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 02 Apr 2009, 17:46

Looks very cool at this point, not sure of the onboard effect. Might be OK for a bit'o'ambiance
I want a low powered amp. This Marshall will get me first shot.

Any idea of the cost. Hopefull $500-600USD.
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted

Postby slowpokerhino » 02 Apr 2009, 19:42

Another question. Would you be able to buy just the head or do you have to buy the whole stack?

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LivewireBlanco » 02 Apr 2009, 20:09

slowpokerhino wrote:Another question. Would you be able to buy just the head or do you have to buy the whole stack?
Looks like the head is by itself, but the combo is 40w EL34??? :think
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor

Postby LivewireBlanco » 02 Apr 2009, 20:39

Damnit!!! I just looked at their clips on the Marshall site. I want both of those amps now!

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor

Postby LivewireBlanco » 02 Apr 2009, 20:44

lowenzz wrote:Looks very cool at this point, not sure of the onboard effect. Might be OK for a bit'o'ambiance
I want a low powered amp. This Marshall will get me first shot.

Any idea of the cost. Hopefull $500-600USD.
Combo is $1000, Head is $840

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted

Postby slowpokerhino » 02 Apr 2009, 21:34

Marshall Amplification introduces the new Haze line of compact and portable valve-driven performance amplifiers: the 40-Watt Haze combo (MHZ40C) and the 15-Watt Haze head (MHZ15).

The Haze line was designed for the musician who demands an honest clean sound, a driving blues tone and some biting rock — all from a single, gig-ready amp. The Haze 40 combo is equipped with a single Celestion G12-66 Marquee 12″ speaker. The Haze 15 head can be paired with matching single 12″ Celestion G12-66 Marquee loaded cabinets (MHZ112A - angled; MHZ112B - base) as well.

The preamp section is powered by three ECC83 valves (tubes). Both Haze models feature two channels (normal and overdrive) that share a three-band EQ; a Bright switch adds extra emphasis to the highs. A selection of retro-style effects offers authentically-voiced Echo, Vibrato, and Chorus. An emulated spring-reverb is also included. Effect settings are retained by each channel for immediate recall during performance. All effects remain truly bypassed when completely off, providing a more direct signal path.

The Haze 40 combo features unique cabinet construction elements. The closed-back cabinet has been modified with four circular holes to preserve the best aspects of both an open-back and a closed-back design. The speaker is asymmetrically mounted, allowing for extended lows. This combo also features an additional presence control in the EQ, as well as a boost switch to add more depth to the low-mids. A bypass-able effects loop is also included. For recording or directly patching into a PA system, an emulated speaker line output recreates the speaker response. Power is provided by two EL34 valves.

The Haze 15 head is powered by a pair of 6V6 valves. Two 8-Ohm and one 16-Ohm speaker jacks are provided. The matching MHZ112 cabinets feature finger-jointed construction and a closed back design for robust tone and efficient power handling. The MHZ112B is a straight style (base) design; the MHZ112A is the traditional Marshall angled (top) style. Together with the Haze 15 head, they form a striking mid-size stack that is easily transportable.

An included two-way footswitch allows for channel switching and turning effects on and off.

The Marshall Haze 40-watt combo (MHZ40C) and the 15-watt head (MHZ15) will be available July 2009 with respective MSRPs of $1000 and $840.

That's MSRP which is usually quite a bit higher than actual "street" price.

Bluesburst
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 11 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Bluesburst » 03 Apr 2009, 06:19

Oh Yeah :dance

I HAVE to have the full stack but I'll start with the head through my VM cab.

I wonder if I should wait the obvious limited edition...

The Purple Haze :pray

I had look through the manual from the Marshall site and good to see the digital effects :bang can be completely switched out of the signal path. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like up close and personal. Check out their Marshall Theatre demos also.
Be good... or be good at it!!!

Martin

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor

Postby LivewireBlanco » 03 Apr 2009, 08:42

Just found the listing on musiciansfriend.com $599. Looks like I may have to get me a new amp :dance

lowenzz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Been liked: 2 times

Postby lowenzz » 03 Apr 2009, 11:59

LivewireBlanco wrote:Just found the listing on musiciansfriend.com $599. Looks like I may have to get me a new amp :dance
Nice :clap
"Just got paid today, Got me a pocket full of change",Rev BFG

Marshall VM2266 Head
425B cab G12C's

snatch
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby snatch » 03 Apr 2009, 15:18

doesnt sound to bad. not crazy about digital effects but if the price is right.........i wonder if you could mod the 15 to accept el34's or even el84's to give it a vox meets marshall vibe
fender american deluxe fat strat
gibson melody maker
mesa single rectifier
2466 vintage modern
1960 a and b 4x12

Return to “Marshall Haze”