JVM Heads and Combos, Satriani 410HJS, Satriani Combo

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

djw171
CODE #1 Owner
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 86 times

Looking to buy a JVM205H..

Postby djw171 » 09 Sep 2013, 08:26

Hi guys, I’m really thinking about getting a JVM205H, the reviews I’ve read are all excellent and I really like two channel amps. I’m little confused re the effects loop however and hope someone can help me out. I have, and use (and like) a JCM600 which has both series and parallel loops. The parallel having its own dry/wet mix on the front.

I’ve only ever really used the series loop and normally just a MXR delay through that. Putting delay type effects in front of a 2 channel amp is fine on the clean but the OD channel sounds like crap (imo anyway).

I understand the difference between series and parallel, there is a nice explanation actually on the Soldano site:

A series loop interrupts the signal path between the preamp and the power amp and inserts the effect processor signal into that path. This means the entire signal from the preamp travels through the processor and re-enters the power stage. It’s basically a one-lane road going from one place to another.
A parallel loop offers two paths from the preamp to the power amp. One path is a direct connection from the preamp to the power amp as if the amp had no loop at all. The other path sends the preamp signal to the effect processor (via the loop) and then routes it back to the power amp, mixing it with the direct (dry) signal. Most amps that offer a parallel effects loop have a variable mix knob, so that you can control how much of the effect you want mixed in with the dry signal.

So my question is the loop on the JVM is described as Series/Parallel FX Loop and has a mix knob. Which is it? How is it both? From what I’ve read a Parallel doesn’t work too well with Tremolo type pedal (something I use quite a bit actually).

Any ideas or advice would be welcome. Thanks.

I really like the JCM600 as I say but I think the JVM is going to be another level.

dukealexan
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 37 times

Re: Looking to buy a JVM205H..

Postby dukealexan » 10 Sep 2013, 04:27

It has 2 loops, the first is a serial/parallel FX loop with a dry/wet control when turn to 100% wet it is a serial loop, this loop is also controlled by the front panel/footswitch button. the other is called the amp loop a 100% serial and has a bypass button on the back. The JVM205H is a great amp.

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Re: Looking to buy a JVM205H..

Postby Mats A » 13 Sep 2013, 07:45

I know it´s four channels but check out the Satriani JVM Before you buy any.

Return to “Marshall JVM”