Stitsel
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Did Satch leave Marshall?

Postby Stitsel » 26 Jan 2018, 17:15

Hi guys,

First post but longtime lurker, love this site.
Proud owner of several Marshall’s, most prominently a JVM halfstack & also a badass ‘78 JMP 50 watt head.... a Class 5, a Code 25 .... etc

Anyhow, my latest issue of Guitar World mag has Satriani on the cover, a great in depth lesson & a nice interview article too. In the interview, he states he’s no longer signed to Marshall & he “believes they still sell the HJS ....” I was like, what!!? I admit I have a soft spot for Satch & was so happy he finally came home to Marshall & Marshall deemed him worthy of a Sig. model.... he sounds best through them IMO.He’s still playing them, just caught G3 live a couple of weeks ago & it was great, he sounded the best of everybody. I know ZW & KK no longer have production amps but at least Kerry King still plays them religiously ( killer amp his 800KK :yea ) & it sounds like Satch still digs his JVM’s, but it was just a weird statement that kind of caught me off guard. Do these deals mean that’s all one can play, or say they play? Did Satch decline resigning or did Marshall? I’ll try not to lose any sleep over this but does anyone know what’s up?

Thanks for an awesome website BTW

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Did Satch leave Marshall?

Postby surfnorthwest » 26 Jan 2018, 19:45

The HJS model will be one of many amps Marshall stops making this year. I was told however the original JVM will still be made.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

P A U L
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 989 times
Been liked: 753 times

Postby P A U L » 29 Jan 2018, 13:19

Marshall left Satch...

Stitsel
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Stitsel » 30 Jan 2018, 10:54

Huh.... well I’ll be damned. Was it just strictly poor sales, or a falling out?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 30 Jan 2018, 11:22

I have no doubt Joe will continue to gig his JVM.

I think Marshall is simply moving away from artists signature products. Artists come and go all the time with endorsements.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall JVM”