Roger
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2485 times
Been liked: 860 times

Re: NAD JVM410HJS

Postby Roger » 30 Apr 2019, 03:38

billy wrote:Hi Roger.
Clarity. The bass is clear and punchy and to my ears, it sounds like all the controls are more responsive than they were with the stock EL34's.
Also, take into consideration that live and at home, I match my JVMHJS with a 2x12" speaker cab with Celestion golds that are broken in. The Golds seem to be very balanced and do not seem to color an amp's sound very much; that's why I've come to like them.
Plus, I have not yet tried Svetlana's with this amp so I have no idea how they great they may sound in a HJS. Maybe next winter...
Thanks for the tip. It make me take a look into my JVMHJS power tubes. Still stock. You can see black marks and decoloration in the tubes. I replace them for other ones.

jeffsmusic4919
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 414 times
Been liked: 362 times

Postby jeffsmusic4919 » 20 May 2019, 17:35

Those are JJ's I beleive, based on the codes. The original runs came with Winged C's.

jeffsmusic4919
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 414 times
Been liked: 362 times

Postby jeffsmusic4919 » 20 May 2019, 18:05

billy wrote:Hi Roger.
Clarity. The bass is clear and punchy and to my ears, it sounds like all the controls are more responsive than they were with the stock EL34's.
Also, take into consideration that live and at home, I match my JVMHJS with a 2x12" speaker cab with Celestion golds that are broken in. The Golds seem to be very balanced and do not seem to color an amp's sound very much; that's why I've come to like them.
Plus, I have not yet tried Svetlana's with this amp so I have no idea how they great they may sound in a HJS. Maybe next winter...
Thanks for the info, I bought a set and I am pretty happy with them, I like the high end better.

I settled on ( at least for the now ).........

V1: Tube Store Preferred Series 12ax7/7025.... It works well for the clean channel. It evens out some volume diffrences you may hear between the clean channels.
V2: New Mullard 12ax7.... I like the midrange of this tube, it seems to give some Marshall growl as well.
V3: Penta 12ax7 (Chineese).... Good cathode follower tube, a bit harsh sounding though. I need one like this and less harsh sounding eventually.
V4: Sovtek 12ax7LPS....Has a good uncolored sound for a recovery stage. It really helps if you want to switch in and out of the effects loop, it seems to work very well with the Penta.
V5: New Mullard 12ax7.... I swapped every tube I had in here almost. The highs arent quite right but the JJ's smooth it out pretty well. This is the only tube I could get good palm mutes for metal and has more of the Marshall growl in it.

The best improvement so far is a new 4X12. I got a Mode 4 280 watt "A" cab. It has custom Celestion/Marshalls, a V30 with a 55hz green back cone and dust cap. thicker wiring and all birch construction. This knocks out the fizz very well, it is a very woody sounding cab. Only draw back is the cleans aren't as good, It knocks down the high, highs a lot. Even 75hz Green backs soud a bit fizzy in comparison. Thanks to Sigi for the recommendation. These cabs are "Rock Machines"

Roger
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2485 times
Been liked: 860 times

Postby Roger » 21 May 2019, 09:58

jeffsmusic4919 wrote:Those are JJ's I beleive, based on the codes. The original runs came with Winged C's.
Yes are JJ's, I replaced It. Actually I use one old mulllard EL34 set. I tryed some used ecc83 tubes but I reinstalled the originals stock JJ. Defently I need new ecc83 tubes for my JVMHJS. This beast can scream and sing much better.

Return to “Marshall JVM”