GuitarHero
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Volume Pedal?

Postby GuitarHero » 10 May 2011, 14:28

Dear all,

Some days ago I purchased a JVM410H and the 1960AHW and had the first band rehearsal today where I could crank up the volume a bit more (at home this is hardly possible) :yea

What can I say - this amp rocks!! What a sound!! Unbelievable!! I played a Fender Hot Rod before (with a Boss ME 25 or sometimes a Pod X3 Live for Fx) - but listening to the JVM I am not missing anything, this amp is awesome and I am not going to use any of the multi FX stuff anymore.

We are playing classic (cover) rock, from Bryan Adams to Deep Purple to ZZ Top to Rolling Stones......

What I found out today is that the sound volume difference in the channels (e.g. OD1 green to red) is quite substantial (especially in the clean channel where the clean green shares the gain as a volume knob with orange/red)

That's why I am wondering if anyone uses a good volume pedal between the guitar and the amp to control this issue. The volume poti on the guitar (PRS Special 22) for me has too much influence on the sound and is therefore not an option for me.

I am looking for a "neutral" or "losless" volume pedal (I know that this is electronically not possible but maybe some of you have made some really good experience with one or the other pedal) that I could use to regulate my volume control a bit more efficiently.

Are the Boss / Ernie Ball pedals any good? And does it make sense to use the pedal between the guitar and the amp or better put it in the fx loop?

Thanks!!!!

Btw: I will try to connect the Pod X3 Live via Midi this weekend to use it as a control board only (no multi FX!!) and maybe try some of the single effects (e.g. Delay, Chorus) from the Pod in the loop - hope this works, if not I am just going to use this awesome amp as it is :jam

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Volume Pedal?

Postby surfnorthwest » 10 May 2011, 14:54

Search for topics in the effects section for the Home Brew Paul Gilbert Detox pedal. That will work better than a volume pedal for the same price.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

1337storm
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Volume Pedal?

Postby 1337storm » 31 May 2011, 02:03

Another way of fixing the volume problem between clean green and any of the other channels/modes is to assign the channels/modes to different master volumes..
Or if you are not using the parallell loop you can just loop a cable there and use the mix knob as a third master volume knob and engage the loop with the clean green.
I have mine setup something like this on the foot controller:
1. Cleans = Clean Green+Reverb+FX-loop+MV2.
2. Crunch = Crunch Red+MV1.
3. Rythm = OD1 Orange+MV1.
4. Lead = OD1 Orange+Reverb+FX-loop+MV2.
5. Rythm = OD2 Orange+MV1.
6. Lead = OD2+Reverb+FX-loop+MV2.

Return to “Marshall JVM”