Ldpart67
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Just purchased a JVM410C

Postby Ldpart67 » 27 Aug 2011, 14:16

Hi all ;
I am relatively new to the forums and a brand new Marshall JVM410 C owner. I just ordered one through my local guitar center for $1899.00 after playing a demo model. all I can say is WOW !!!
I was surfing you tube and noticed a lot of discussion about about quality. Should I be considering an extended warranty ?
Either way I am really stoked about this amp. I looked at the Mesa MKV but to my ears this was the sound I was looking for.

romeomotive
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Just purchased a JVM410C

Postby romeomotive » 27 Aug 2011, 23:35

Welcome to the forum Ld. I love my JVM 410 head. Not much for combos anymore. The last one I owned was a Peavey Classic Chorus 212 (USA). You will find if you back off the gain you can get 5-6 REALLY useable settings with the footswitch. Keep playing with the master volumes and resonance/presence control. Not much talk of the JVM on this site. Set your clean/crunch channels to 6-4-6 on the eq. Set your OD channels to 7-4-4 on the eq. Set all gain channels at 1/4 except the crunch at 3/4. Some channels will require the second master volume, some will not. When you have time/money re-tube with something smoother like Mullard re-issues. This will get you somewhere. I have had this amp for 3 years. Others have come and gone, including the VM but this one had the goods. I don't think they (Marshall) can make a really good sounding amp with a vintage tone and all these channels. Unless you power scale 3 seperate channels. Just my humble opinion. Good luck!!

romeomotive

:jam

-- Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:35 am --

Welcome to the forum Ld. I love my JVM 410 head. Not much for combos anymore. The last one I owned was a Peavey Classic Chorus 212 (USA). You will find if you back off the gain you can get 5-6 REALLY useable settings with the footswitch. Keep playing with the master volumes and resonance/presence control. Not much talk of the JVM on this site. Set your clean/crunch channels to 6-4-6 on the eq. Set your OD channels to 7-4-4 on the eq. Set all gain channels at 1/4 except the crunch at 3/4. Some channels will require the second master volume, some will not. When you have time/money re-tube with something smoother like Mullard re-issues. This will get you somewhere. I have had this amp for 3 years. Others have come and gone, including the VM but this one had the goods. I don't think they (Marshall) can make a really good sounding amp with a vintage tone and all these channels. Unless you power scale 3 seperate channels. Just my humble opinion. Good luck!!

romeomotive

:jam

-- Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:37 am --

I :cuss hate when I accidentally double-post!!

Beck-Ola
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Beck-Ola » 28 Aug 2011, 08:49

Ldpart67 wrote:Should I be considering an extended warranty ?
Save your money or use it for a good cable or something. :coffee

The JVM's warranty is good and the overwhelming odds are that any problems will surface during the period that the amp is covered by Marshall. As with cars, extended warranties tend to be just extra profit gravy for the sellers. :upass

Very rarely do they justify the extra cost.
Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain. ~ Friedrich von Schiller

Kind of know how he feels.

Slash1337
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Slash1337 » 28 Aug 2011, 11:45

You're good man. I never had a problem with my head. Just a few sparks from a bad tube one time. Scared the shit outta me, but all it was, was a tube.

You're gonna have a lot of fun with the amp, I had a TON of fun when I had mine. I'll be getting another one when I get the money for sure.
"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste"
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Marshall AFD100
Gibson R9 Faded Tobacco
60' Gibson Goldtop LP
Epiphone Elitist LP Custom
Marshall 1960TV w/ G12H Greenbacks
Crybaby Zakk Wylde
Dunlop Heil Talk Box

http://www.facebook.com/Deadrivalsofficial

Return to “Marshall JVM”