LukeWinship
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Loop noise on JVM

Postby LukeWinship » 13 Dec 2011, 14:18

Hi all,

I'm having a little trouble with the loop on my JVM205 head. I only run a TC Flashback Delay powered by a Dunlop Power Brick in the Serial / Parallel Loop with the Mix switch right down the middle (i find if you get towards either side the guitar sounds less 'present'). I have used a MXR Smart Gate which only gets rid of a little noise even at the highest of settings (which screws with your tone when set high!). When i take the TC out of the loop i still have a bit of hiss, which is hardly audible but when i put it back in it starts making a 'louder hiss' lol.

Its very frustrating, any tips guys? Anyone experienced anything similar with TC products or JVMs? Any help would be great.

Cheers
EVH5150iii 50 watt with Matching 2x12 in Ivory. 2004 Les Paul Standard in Trans-amber with Bare Knuckle Nailbombs (Alnico). Caparison C2 Dellinger with EMGs. One Control OC10 with an ever changing cast of pedals from MXR, Dunlop, Eventide, Fulltone, TC etc.

spikei
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Loop noise on JVM

Postby spikei » 28 Dec 2011, 08:43

I run a Boss DM2 delay in the loop for lead work and get great results, gives a good boost for solos with the fx mix around 70% , sorry i cant help you on this but i am interested to hear how you resolve it.
Marshall Vintage Modern Combo
Marshall JVM 215 Combo
Marshall JMD1 501 Combo
Marshall AVT 100 Combo
Marshall 1936 Cab
Gibson L P Studio
Fender Strat A Std
Fender Jv Squire Strat
Ibanez 59 Deluxe

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Postby Mats A » 05 Jan 2012, 03:08

spikei wrote:I run a Boss DM2 delay in the loop for lead work and get great results, gives a good boost for solos with the fx mix around 70% , sorry i cant help you on this but i am interested to hear how you resolve it.
Why don´t you use the 2 master volumes for solo boost?

spikei
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby spikei » 05 Jan 2012, 05:52

The 2 masters are a great feature but they don't boost the DI out to you PA mixer, so i use the FX loop instead which does boost out though the DI. i also use a Morley Wah/Vol/Drive pedal in front to give me a bit more kick, keep the drive gain to 0 thickens up the tone nicely for solo.
Marshall Vintage Modern Combo
Marshall JVM 215 Combo
Marshall JMD1 501 Combo
Marshall AVT 100 Combo
Marshall 1936 Cab
Gibson L P Studio
Fender Strat A Std
Fender Jv Squire Strat
Ibanez 59 Deluxe

Return to “Marshall JVM”