I just had my best Marshall experience!

50th anniversary amps JTM1, JMP1, JCM1, DSL1, JVM1, 1962LE

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Voodoo Chile
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 28 times
Been liked: 14 times

Re: I just had my best Marshall experience!

Postby Voodoo Chile » 08 Mar 2012, 08:53

Cool shots, Plexi.
Band - SOUL SHAKER
http://facebook.com/SoulShaker.Texas

"There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference." W. James
"Jam on!" James (me)

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Postby JkGriffin » 08 Mar 2012, 13:23

This was the 1-W I had some hopes of wanting/purchasing... I don't like the JTM-1, I don't care about the JCM-1 and I couldn't care less for the JVM-1... for various reasons... but the JMP-1... man I was looking forward to test that... and I knew they had one comming in the local store... but I didn't get there in time.
When I came into the store it was packed and ready to go :bang

And for some reason they keep telling that Marshall don't allow them to order any more...

Oh well... maybe I get lucky and see one elsewhere sometime... I keep hitting those JTM-1 everywhere. They don't seem to sell that fast actually except with the local store... but that store have a lot of collectors for customers, so it is just a natural consequence I assume.

pleximaster
1-Watt Master
1-Watt Master
Has Liked: 44 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby pleximaster » 08 Mar 2012, 14:12

MUG in Gothenburg seem to have the thier still...

I played the amp some more to day in the 1 watt mode and I am still in love. It is rather loud so I woke up both the kids. The wife wasn't too happy so now I am left with Marshalls on the Internet instead... :)

I still haven't really tested and explored the boost yet! The straight sound dimed (rolled off a bit treble) is that good I just lost myself. I havent created so many new riffs in years as I have done these few hours thanks to this amp

The sound is a "well overdriven clean" sound, if that make sence. The crunch and the"pling" is in the attack, and the attack is immediate and almost before you hit the not. After the crunchy attach the sound is not a very distorted sound but rather full and clean middy sound giving perfect string separation as well as sustain. Therefore everything is very articulate and true which I love.

A friend of mine I spoke excited about the JMP1 said "well you only use really good old basketweave cabs and real expensive vintage guitars so it aught to sound good!"
But as you say, the chain isn't stronger than the weakest link but this amp is by no means weak. It is small, new, PCB board ass-f@cking tone monster! I as about to AB it to my face 68 50watter tonight but it wasn't my time.

As to the JTM1 it is also a great amp. It has the deep dark "omphf" tone of the JTMs and super sustain. It is however somewhat restricted in tone with only two controls. I did tried a combo version and the small speaker didn't do the amp justice. I think all these amps deserves bigger speakers/cabinets to fully bloom. But you can plug the combos into any cab so...

Best plexi

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul
Has Liked: 87 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby aristotle » 08 Mar 2012, 14:18

OK...you've convinced me. Now to find somewhere here in the US where I can order it (it's not listed at the usual online suspects...)

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 08 Mar 2012, 18:55

aristotle wrote:OK...you've convinced me. Now to find somewhere here in the US where I can order it (it's not listed at the usual online suspects...)
Sweetwater is getting only 20 JMP1s and they said their list is twice that. I think your best bet is to network a few Marshall dealers to see who is getting one and grab it. They said their list for the JCM1 is also sold out.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul
Has Liked: 87 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby aristotle » 08 Mar 2012, 19:44

surfnorthwest wrote:
aristotle wrote:OK...you've convinced me. Now to find somewhere here in the US where I can order it (it's not listed at the usual online suspects...)
Sweetwater is getting only 20 JMP1s and they said their list is twice that. I think your best bet is to network a few Marshall dealers to see who is getting one and grab it. They said their list for the JCM1 is also sold out.
Bummer...I'll have to tap my sources. If it's even a fraction as fun as the JTM-1, it's worth having... Should have listened to you earlier and put my name on the Sweetwater list...

pleximaster
1-Watt Master
1-Watt Master

Postby pleximaster » 11 Mar 2012, 06:58

I don't think you'll regret it... I played it for a few hours today and I ended up sending an email to my Marshall dealer asking if they could order me another one. You can set the voice in this baby by mixing tubes so I thought why not have two of them. The tone (stock)is as good if not better then my fave 68 lead 50 watter with real mullards in it but not as loud. It is just perfect for a set of real PAFs. It haven't really tried it with my strats yet, but I have just grabbed a les Paul and couldn't stop playing untill someone was banging on the door...

Plexi

Doc Holliday
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 107 times
Been liked: 469 times

Postby Doc Holliday » 11 Mar 2012, 12:30

Ah, now that's not fair. I was all geared up to get the jcm but if this is as good as the originals I can't see how I can pass it up. Damn you plexi, damn you!
Gibson 58 Historic les Paul
Tokai love rock gold top Les Paul
Fender reverse headstock strat
Tokai TV yellow Les Paul special
Tokai TV yellow DC les Paul
Gibson SG Jr

Gibson 1955 GA-5 jr
Gibson 1955 GA-7 special
Gibson1960 skylark
Gibson 1961 skylark w/trem
Silvertone 1963 1481
Gibson 1957 GA-6
Gibson 1957 GA-20T
Gibson 1960 GA-14
Fender 63’ reverb reissue
Lazy J 10LC

www.youtube.com/user/memygtar

Instagram page: the_doc_holliday

pleximaster
1-Watt Master
1-Watt Master

Postby pleximaster » 11 Mar 2012, 14:49

I am just glad I could help you out!!! :) :) :)

Plexi

shaun
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 22 times
Been liked: 143 times

Postby shaun » 11 Mar 2012, 15:10

surfnorthwest wrote:
This i dont get. Because in Australia, my local store, which is an authorised Marshall dealer, said he can order in ANY Marshall product he wants, as long as it is in production and/or stock.
He could have just ordered 1 each of the 5 heads, for me only (money up front).

I dont know if Marshall are in fact only making a certain number of these amps, or, they are making as many as they can for the whole production year. If they are producing all of the 5 amps, for the whole production year, than any Marshall dealer should be able to order in how many they want.
"Anyway, I see this forum isn't too happening, but hopefully I'll get some responses." Sully

"I find the above statement offensive. Funny, but offensive. No offense intended by my comments." Shaun

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 11 Mar 2012, 16:16

shaun wrote:
surfnorthwest wrote:
This i dont get. Because in Australia, my local store, which is an authorised Marshall dealer, said he can order in ANY Marshall product he wants, as long as it is in production and/or stock.
He could have just ordered 1 each of the 5 heads, for me only (money up front).

I dont know if Marshall are in fact only making a certain number of these amps, or, they are making as many as they can for the whole production year. If they are producing all of the 5 amps, for the whole production year, than any Marshall dealer should be able to order in how many they want.
The only Marshall dealers that order directly from Marshall are in the UK. All other dealers order them from distributors who order them from Marshall, the middle amn if you will.

Marhsall will fill all orders made from dealers in the UK and distributors worldwide, it is up to those distributors to come up with a number.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

mr.brownstone
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby mr.brownstone » 11 Mar 2012, 16:57

Well... these things aren't toys but... kill me... I would love to have one sitting in my living room to make a perfect decoration of my music corner and to plug it every time I'm bored on the couch when there is nothing good to watch at the TV. :dunno
'12 Marshall YJM100
'12 Marshall JMP1C
'11 Marshall AFD100 Slash Signature
'10 Marshall MG102FX

djw171
CODE #1 Owner
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 86 times

Postby djw171 » 12 Mar 2012, 04:16

If you go back to one of the NAMM videos, Chris states that the 5 amps will be released over 2012 over a 10 week interval. He also mentions however, when asked, that they will be available all year. Not that they are only making a certain batch and then moving to the next one.

cpubound
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 24 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby cpubound » 12 Mar 2012, 05:26

djw171 wrote:If you go back to one of the NAMM videos, Chris states that the 5 amps will be released over 2012 over a 10 week interval. He also mentions however, when asked, that they will be available all year. Not that they are only making a certain batch and then moving to the next one.
I remember him saying that. :clap

BUTT: I got an email from the music outlet I use and they said Marshall is only letting them have 1 jtm1-c.
The information regarding availability seems to be conflicting... :wtf
I think if you want one of these 50th ann amps you better grab it when you get the chance.
Who knows what is really true? :roll
Plexi (1968-super lead 100w)
AFD100 - 1960ahw
VM 100w stack - purple - VM a/b cabs
VM combo - purple
YJM100 - 1960ax
2555sl (slash signature stack) - Slash sig a/b cabs
Jtm1-c, Jmp1-c, Jcm1-c
Hendrix or Young: I can't decide...

Stringjunkie
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 21 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Stringjunkie » 12 Mar 2012, 10:31

The only thing I know that's true is Sweetwater is getting 20 and I'm #3. (on the JCM1h) I would guess they will get more after the initial sales. They have no idea how well these things will be perceived. If they sell they should replace them. Guess we'll see.

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”