Moderator: longfxukxnhair

pleximaster
1-Watt Master
1-Watt Master
Has Liked: 44 times
Been liked: 173 times

Re: JTM-1C sold out....

Postby pleximaster » 20 Mar 2012, 15:11

EMnordic is the distributer... They got the first shipping....

Plexi

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 20 Mar 2012, 15:12

You guys are killing me over here.
:numchucks
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Stringjunkie
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 21 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Stringjunkie » 20 Mar 2012, 18:53

What's the hi lo button for on the back? Is that the low power switch?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 20 Mar 2012, 19:23

Stringjunkie wrote:What's the hi lo button for on the back? Is that the low power switch?
On the back of the JTM1 the button is the high/low power button. The JMP1 has that button plus another which is a boost.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul
Has Liked: 87 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby aristotle » 20 Mar 2012, 20:13

gtrman wrote:Make sure I get the JTM1-C combo before its sold out ..... CHECK !
Make sure I get the JPM1-C combo before its sold out ..... CHECK !
Make sure I get the JCM1-C combo before its sold out ..... I'll make sure to be ready !
Make sure ... naw thats about it !
Damn...I screwed up step 2. Nobody has any here. And the lists are longer than the inventory that's expected.

crossroadsnyc
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby crossroadsnyc » 21 Mar 2012, 17:09

So, the boost on the JMP1 ... I see that it's labeled as a gain boost, but does it also boost the mids? I've been wondering about this given the lack of mid control on the eq ... it's the one thing that's making me think I'm going to pass on the JMP1 and just go w/the JTM1 (and perhaps the JCM1). I can dig a single tone control in place of a b/m/t, but the lack of mid control kind of turns me off.

What's the skinny?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 21 Mar 2012, 17:42

crossroadsnyc wrote:So, the boost on the JMP1 ... I see that it's labeled as a gain boost, but does it also boost the mids? I've been wondering about this given the lack of mid control on the eq ... it's the one thing that's making me think I'm going to pass on the JMP1 and just go w/the JTM1 (and perhaps the JCM1). I can dig a single tone control in place of a b/m/t, but the lack of mid control kind of turns me off.

What's the skinny?
Very few folks have taken delivery of the JMP1. This is Steves amp but he is at the Musikmesse show currently and would be best to address this. Member Pleximaster has two of the JMP1 amps already so you could ask him. Everything I have heard on the amp didn't leave me with any frequency concerns.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

crossroadsnyc
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 29 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby crossroadsnyc » 21 Mar 2012, 18:41

surfnorthwest wrote:
crossroadsnyc wrote:So, the boost on the JMP1 ... I see that it's labeled as a gain boost, but does it also boost the mids? I've been wondering about this given the lack of mid control on the eq ... it's the one thing that's making me think I'm going to pass on the JMP1 and just go w/the JTM1 (and perhaps the JCM1). I can dig a single tone control in place of a b/m/t, but the lack of mid control kind of turns me off.

What's the skinny?
Very few folks have taken delivery of the JMP1. This is Steves amp but he is at the Musikmesse show currently and would be best to address this. Member Pleximaster has two of the JMP1 amps already so you could ask him. Everything I have heard on the amp didn't leave me with any frequency concerns.
Yeah, I saw a couple people received them already, so it was just a general question for anyone who might want to take a stab at answering it. I recall reading that Steve designed this amp, and seeing as how he did the VM (and the mid boost on there), I wondered if perhaps the boost on the JMP1 might be similar in nature since there is no mid control ... but then again, it's labeled as a gain boost, so a mid boost is probably a bad guess.

If it's not related to boosting the mids, I'm guessing any mid control would be dialed in by adjustment of the bass/treble?

Also, If the bass/treb are at noon, I'd be curious as to where the default mid position would be ... perhaps a bit scooped (I think I remember Steve mentioning once upon a time that if you were to read a frequency chart, that a standard Marshall frequency has a bit of a dip/scoop)?

Yeah, sorry man haha ... just an exciting line of amps, so I'm curious & have questions.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 21 Mar 2012, 19:14

If it's not related to boosting the mids, I'm guessing any mid control would be dialed in by adjustment of the bass/treble?
While I am wrong 30% of the time, but I would guess that the bass and treble work much like a parametric eq. The boost is simple to add more gain into the circuit.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

Jag
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 50 times
Been liked: 94 times

Postby Jag » 22 Mar 2012, 14:33

surfnorthwest wrote:While I am wrong 30% of the time, but I would guess that the bass and treble work much like a parametric eq. The boost is simple to add more gain into the circuit.
According to the downloadable manual for the JMP on the Marshall website, the e.q controls are passive and dont boost, the Hi-Low simply adds another valve to the gain stage. I might have to pull the trigger on one of these!
Fender American Strat, Fender Standard Strat, Ovation Roundback, Lag Nylon Acoustic, Marshall VM 2266 w/2x12 Avatar Cab, Marshall JMD-501, Fender G-DEC, Fishman Loudbox.

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

Postby sunking420 » 10 Apr 2012, 20:35

Just a Sweetwater update. My sales guy Christopher Geissen called and left a message today(April 10,2012) saying that the JTM-1C that I have on backorder has an arrival date of April 30th. Updating this for anyone whom is also waiting to receive an amp from Sweetwater. So just under three weeks and I should be pumping the 17th preamp into my JMD-1 head. That's how I look at this little combo now that Surf turned us on to how this can be done to now have an amp that is 100/1/.o1 watts of switchable power. Still trying to get a Stratocaster to have a useable tone with my Vintage Modern Combo in the meantime. A Hendrix tone is something that is eluding me with that amp. It sure does like the Les Pauls though!!!!!!!!

Three weeks, and unfortunately the only tune in my head at the moment is the "Jeopardy" "waiting" music, and anticipating Alex Trebeck's voice asking me if I'm ready......Come on UPS man, hurry!!!!!!!!

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”