Moderator: longfxukxnhair

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

JTM-1C sold out....

Postby sunking420 » 18 Mar 2012, 09:09

I ordered a Marshall JTM-1C right around the time Surf ordered his, from Sweetwater. A month ago maybe. Sweetwater has been calling me to let me know ETA on this amp. Truthfully I've never had better customer service and Sweetwater will be getting a lot of my business for it. Anyway, the last call I've had was last week and they are expecting them anywhere between the end of the month and the end of April, so it may be a bit more of a wait. Then again I've been waiting four months on a set of Shed Zeppelins from Spence M.- I've heard the wait is worth it, so no big deal waiting....

So I go to Sweetwater website just now to read about the Combo for the fortieth time and they have a banner up saying this amp is no longer available. I'm really wondering if they will make anymore. This could end up being one rare combo one day. Glad I ordered when I did...

Question for Surf if you read this: I love what you found with running the head through your JMD-1 head!!!!! Turns this little monster into a great big monster, 100 watter!!!! Surf, do you know if I can do the same with the JTM1C combo? Same outs to FX loop? Thanks for answer ahead of time. I do depend on you for correct info,one of the only guys who is 100% not full of shit. Thanks Surf.....

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: JTM-1C sold out....

Postby surfnorthwest » 18 Mar 2012, 09:20

The combos also have the same speaker connections on the back for a 8 ohm and 16 ohm that the heads do, so no problem. I would call your sales rep at Sweetwater and see if you are garunteed to get the amp, they are limited.

Last week while I was at Pro Guitar Shop in Portland they had a JTM1 head and combo there. I know member Crossroadsnyc bought the JTM1 head, so they may still have the combo.

Read this thread

http://marshallvintagemodern.com/viewto ... 60&t=10178
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Been liked: 6 times

Postby sunking420 » 18 Mar 2012, 09:52

Yeah Surf, I think I'm golden with them as they have me on backorder and I've already paid them for it using the 18 month no interest deal with Sweetwater. I don't know how many they were allocated but I think they will honor my purchase. I've been getting calls from a Christopher Geissen(?) and he's a first rate cat. He sounds more excited about the amp than I do, and they call about once a week to let me know it's still coming. I feel really fortunate to be an owner of one, and can only laugh at the people posting it's too expensive. Comparing it to the Class5 is stupid as that amp is really way underpriced in my opinion. These are tone monsters afterall, and like the owner of the local music shop once said to me, "Tone ain't cheap". No truer words ever spoken. Reminds me of the old anecdote of the guy who brings his rod to his mechanic and asks, "How fast can you make it go?", to which the mechanic replies, "How much money you got?".......Glad the combo can do what your head can as far as pushing through my JMD-100 head. That amp was already the ultimate as far as flexibility and now is the power stage for a JTM45/100 sound as well!!!!!! I swear, Marshall only gets better and better. For the guys where Marshall is a rip off, blahblah, go buy something else, and leave the Marshalls to me!!! Thanks for the quick reply and have a great one......

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby gtrman » 19 Mar 2012, 00:51

Make sure I get the JTM1-C combo before its sold out ..... CHECK !
Make sure I get the JPM1-C combo before its sold out ..... CHECK !
Make sure I get the JCM1-C combo before its sold out ..... I'll make sure to be ready !
Make sure ... naw thats about it !
Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 19 Mar 2012, 06:10

I am with you gtrman, the first three are the Marshall sounds I like. My JMD can do DSL and JVM tones. But these 1 watt amps are perfect for me.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

pleximaster
1-Watt Master
1-Watt Master
Has Liked: 44 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby pleximaster » 19 Mar 2012, 06:30

The JTM, JMP and JCM are basically need to have! :) and the DSL and JVM are nice to have! (I haven´t played a big JVM yet...)

I am getting the full set just for the fun of it and with my extra JMP1 I got I get a nice hexa-Marshall stack!

plexi

I am also getting the golden jub 100watter that I know in my heart will come! :Cheers

jayogs
<25
<25
Been liked: 0

Postby jayogs » 19 Mar 2012, 20:55

I ordered my JTM-1 C from Musiciansfriend and they gave me the 15% discount on mine so $679.00 shipped. Sweetwater wouldn't match the price for me

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 20 Mar 2012, 06:15

jayogs wrote:I ordered my JTM-1 C from Musiciansfriend and they gave me the 15% discount on mine so $679.00 shipped. Sweetwater wouldn't match the price for me
The amps will sell, not suprised they wouldn't match it. You got a great deal on a sweet amp.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

pleximaster
1-Watt Master
1-Watt Master

Postby pleximaster » 20 Mar 2012, 06:30

Here is a good price for the JMP1 combo in the nordic countries.
http://www.emusic.se/default.asp?flik=1&info=19043

perhaps its a typing error since they are almost 1000 SKR under the other internets stores and the JTM that they also sell. However you can buy it on line for this price and it has free shipping. Read well on their website before ordering though...

I have two JMP1 heads... Should I buy the combo as well... Perhaps I should consult the wife... but perhaps not...

best plexi

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 20 Mar 2012, 07:40

I would go with perhaps not. :winking
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

gtrman
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 580 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby gtrman » 20 Mar 2012, 14:19

Awright ... picked up my JMP1 combo today !
Superhappy .. I like even better than the JTM.
Sounds amazing through a 4x12 cab ... as expected the internal speaker is a tad boxy .. but it's convenient to have just for practise.
The speaker is a Celestion G10N-40.
I will be playing both of them through various speakers and find which I will prefer.

I must say I love the 0.1w feature. Since the amps dont have master volume you need to crank em to liven them up.
And 1 watt sure is loud in your livingroom ...

Fractal AX-8
Axe-Fx III

Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Caramelized Ash
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature HSH Flame Maple
Suhr 80's Shred MKII Tiger Stripe
Gibson LP VOS 57 Goldtop
PRS John Mayer Silver Sky Horizon

kelv_w
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby kelv_w » 20 Mar 2012, 14:43

gtrman: you got yours pretty quick. Where did you order yours? Been asking my local shop but no word about the JMP1.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe

Postby surfnorthwest » 20 Mar 2012, 14:50

Dammit, shit!

I hate when all you Euros get your amps first and us Americans are sitting drooling over them, fuck this. I want my damm JMP1.

Hey Trond, Steve said the low output on the JMP1 is not 0.1 watt but rather 0.022 watts. Switch the amp to low and plug that into the AFD100 FX return. I bet it will sound killer.
Nice amp.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

pleximaster
1-Watt Master
1-Watt Master

Postby pleximaster » 20 Mar 2012, 14:59

Cooool!!!!
I just love my two JMP 1 heads (yeah I picked up one more, had the first for three weeks now) these amps through an old broken in greenback cab is one of the best tones I heard regardless of volume. I am seriously considdering getting one more the combo as the heads are gone for now and it looks cool!

Oh now I gotta go play them...

Plexi

kelv_w
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby kelv_w » 20 Mar 2012, 15:04

hmm I can't seem to find any in the UK? Where did you guys get yours?

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”