Moderator: longfxukxnhair

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 46 times
Been liked: 157 times

Re: Der Muzikkmezze - 50years of Loud

Postby JkGriffin » 21 Mar 2012, 09:52

surfnorthwest wrote:I think the total Bluesbreaker package with amp, guitar, Scotch, glasses, and all the other bling is going to be well north of $10,000.

There will be 50 packages and 50 amps sold without the guitar package from what I know. Of course those numbers may change. It really is meant for the Marshall collector. I would love to have it but want to keep my balls.
10.000$ is slightly more than what I was hoping for, but... when you think about it, it's not necessarily that bad.
Hand-wound amps go for 4000$ and more (65amps, /13, Two-Rock and more).
5-6000$ for a high-end limited Gibson Custom Shop is not really something new either...

But as for the amp... The ordinary 1962 Bluesbreaker re-issue go for 1400GBP here in Norway...
Unless fantastic Anniversary features or something else that really makes this one a lot better, then I'm not particularly willing to pay a whole lot more.

But on the picture of the BB/LP on Twitter, it is stated on the sign MA50? :think

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 21 Mar 2012, 10:03

I was being very conservitive when I said "north of $10,000", I think it may be as high as $20,000 but we don't know yet.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby JkGriffin » 21 Mar 2012, 10:18

Yeah, could be... not unusual regardless... Many artist series Gibsons costs more alone.
Not built to be played though, just seen...

Besides, 10.000 is more than I would ever consider... I would get better equipment more suited to me for that kind of cash.
Besides, if it is 10.000$ in the US, then it will cost close to 20.000$ at least in Norway...

Interesting nevertheless...

Blokkadeleider
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 750 times
Been liked: 415 times

Postby Blokkadeleider » 21 Mar 2012, 11:38

Papus wrote:Under the cover is the Blackmore signature 1w California Jam Major!!!!!
Comes with genuine can of gasoline & lighter fluid!
I'll have to correct you. It should not have that name if it isn't a 2 Watt.

Gr,

Gerrit.

Blokkadeleider
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Blokkadeleider » 21 Mar 2012, 12:30

JkGriffin wrote:
sikter wrote:
JkGriffin wrote: Another thing is that I live in Norway... a land where breweries aren't allowed to have pictures of their product on their website to protect people from alcholism...
But they are still drinkin'... aren't they?
Correction: don't they?
And yes we do... I'm not too proud of our drinking culture though.
Not really what I would call sofisticated drinking culture.
Unfortunately Norway has the doubtful honor of being the only country where I traveled through (by bicycle) where I ever had an incident with a drunk car driver.
I'll never forget that I rode up a mountain somewhere east of a village called Røldal in Southern Norway.
Squeeking tyres approaching from behind, car steered away to the left and just in front of me to the right and off the road. This car was stuck in a ditch and I approached, you never know what happened to the driver, might have become unwell or something.
So this about 30 year old guy comes out, about my height and build and from 3 meters away I could already smell the stench of alcohol.

He's brabbling something in Norwegian and switches to English as I yelled "Godverdomme!" my plan was made right away, kill him right there and then, I'm from a tough neighbourhood.
So, this guy stupidly comes closer, leans up against me and says: I'm a little drunk.
Mind you, he could barely walk.
Quick punch in the throat, another one right in the teeth, he went down and started kicking his head hard.
So, unfortunately this guy somes running from up the hill to the right screaming to stop it.
I look, and it seemed to be an elderly farmer basically begging me to please let him take care of it further.
Well, he was polite and I wasn't going to beat up an elderly man who had no role in the incident so I just told him he better not tell the cops having seen me and continued the journey.

About 20 minutes later I saw police cars and an ambulance with the sirens on coming from the eastern direction without paying attention to me.

A shame really, Norway is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and the people are otherwise absolutely fantastic. I've been there many times since and nothing else ever happened (apart from getting drunk with Bandidos at a campsite near Larvik while playing some game which, if I remember well, is called "tre mannen". I was drunk, they were unconscious :beerme

Gr,

Gerrit.

mr.brownstone
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby mr.brownstone » 21 Mar 2012, 12:40

10000$ :Bolt

I would love the package but of course I would never consider in buying it 'cause even not knowing how much it would cost I just knew it was way, way out of my reach.

The Bluesbreaker looks great but Marshall's killing me with the Golden Jubilee amp (or whatever it will be named).
I just hope I can manage to get the money because I'm gonna be really sad If can't get my hands in one of the pieces.
I'm gonna marry this year and my wife will kill me when she realises I'm thinking spending money in another tube head. :whatever

But I think it will worth every peny.
'12 Marshall YJM100
'12 Marshall JMP1C
'11 Marshall AFD100 Slash Signature
'10 Marshall MG102FX

Blokkadeleider
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Blokkadeleider » 21 Mar 2012, 13:45

I'm just wondering if this year will bring the amp that will make me rush to the store, throw my old black flag on the counter and ask to please please please exchange against "the amp to kill all other amps ever built".
The amp that will stir up GAS in me.

Gr,

Gerrit.

*No, don't say it's the JVM, it's good and great but not the one :bgrin

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby JkGriffin » 21 Mar 2012, 13:58

Blokkadeleider wrote:Quick punch in the throat, another one right in the teeth, he went down and started kicking his head hard.
So, unfortunately this guy somes running from up the hill to the right screaming to stop it.
I look, and it seemed to be an elderly farmer basically begging me to please let him take care of it further.
I don't even know how to respond to this... not cool... I hope it's a joke.
I hate drunk drivers and am a firm believer that if a drunk driver kills someone he/she should be sentenced as if done deliberately... since the drunk driving is deliberately. I'm even gonna defend that first two punches since I would recon you were pretty pissed... but kicking his head once his down and threatening the elderly guy that saved him... I can't even describe how wrong that is.

Blokkadeleider
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Blokkadeleider » 21 Mar 2012, 14:52

JkGriffin wrote:
Blokkadeleider wrote:Quick punch in the throat, another one right in the teeth, he went down and started kicking his head hard.
I don't even know how to respond to this... not cool... I hope it's a joke.
I hate drunk drivers and am a firm believer that if a drunk driver kills someone he/she should be sentenced as if done deliberately... since the drunk driving is deliberately. I'm even gonna defend that first two punches since I would recon you were pretty pissed... but kicking his head once his down and threatening the elderly guy that saved him... I can't even describe how wrong that is.
Well, this kind of situation luckily doesn't happen a lot.
If something like that happens adrenalin goes sky high and you lose it for a few.
The whole fighting might have lasted no longer than 10 seconds. Dutch law allows me about 30 before I have to be cooled down before it isn't self defense anymore. I suppose in Norway it will not be much different.
The elderly man wasn't threatened and btw, in retrospect I might not have been a match for him, both taller and very strong built. Not every elderly person is weak and helpless.

One of the reasons I'm cycling is an Englishman I met once who was traveling like that at 73. He's 89 now and still going strong. Looking like he's in his late 50's maybe. Maybe it's because I want to be like that when I'm old myself (If I make it to that age, rock 'n roll isn't always a healthy lifestyle)

Gr,

Gerrit.

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby JkGriffin » 21 Mar 2012, 15:12

Blokkadeleider wrote:Well, this kind of situation luckily doesn't happen a lot.
If something like that happens adrenalin goes sky high and you lose it for a few.
The whole fighting might have lasted no longer than 10 seconds. Dutch law allows me about 30 before I have to be cooled down before it isn't self defense anymore. I suppose in Norway it will not be much different.
The elderly man wasn't threatened and btw, in retrospect I might not have been a match for him, both taller and very strong built. Not every elderly person is weak and helpless.

One of the reasons I'm cycling is an Englishman I met once who was traveling like that at 73. He's 89 now and still going strong. Looking like he's in his late 50's maybe. Maybe it's because I want to be like that when I'm old myself (If I make it to that age, rock 'n roll isn't always a healthy lifestyle)

Gr,

Gerrit.
Glad to hear it... it seemed a bit over the top.
I am of the opinion that if the situation requires it, then kick the attacker over a cliff or wack him with whatever at hand until you are safe... then worry about the legal stuff later... but how I read your description there you would have been charged with assault after the first kick.

:beerme

Blokkadeleider
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Blokkadeleider » 21 Mar 2012, 15:18

JkGriffin wrote:
Blokkadeleider wrote:Well, this kind of situation luckily doesn't happen a lot.

Gr,

Gerrit.
Glad to hear it... it seemed a bit over the top.
I am of the opinion that if the situation requires it, then kick the attacker over a cliff or wack him with whatever at hand until you are safe... then worry about the legal stuff later... but how I read your description there you would have been charged with assault after the first kick.

:beerme

Well, I didn't have anything at hand to wack him with. No weapons used.
Further the guy was driving a car in a state that actually makes it a miracle that he even managed to turn the contact key.
I thought Norway was a 0.0 promille driving country? Or something so close to that that you can't even have a single drink (which is good)
I've never had anything like that outside of the Netherlands apart from that.
Not in Poland, not in the UK, not in Germany, not in France, not in Switzerland, heck, not even in Finland!

Gr,

Gerrit.

JkGriffin
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Postby JkGriffin » 21 Mar 2012, 15:30

Blokkadeleider wrote: I thought Norway was a 0.0 promille driving country? Or something so close to that that you can't even have a single drink (which is good)
Not in Poland, not in the UK, not in Germany, not in France, not in Switzerland, heck, not even in Finland!
This is correct... think it's 0.2 actually.

Why not even Finland? They are known to be fond happy drinks :think
I'd never try to drink a Finish guy under the table... be very hesitant of trying so with any of their females as well :roll

Blokkadeleider
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Blokkadeleider » 21 Mar 2012, 16:10

JkGriffin wrote:
Blokkadeleider wrote: I thought Norway was a 0.0 promille driving country? Or something so close to that that you can't even have a single drink (which is good)
This is correct... think it's 0.2 actually.

Why not even Finland? They are known to be fond happy drinks :think
I'd never try to drink a Finish guy under the table... be very hesitant of trying so with any of their females as well :roll
That's what I'm referring to. I know quite a lot of Fins. Pleasant people but they drink quite a bit.
Never saw one aggressive or annoying when drunk.
They drink more than the Scots. Possibly even more than the Polish. And I am 1/4 Polish, possibly the reason why I am able to take in a lot although I hardly ever do.

Gr,

Gerrit.

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”