Moderator: longfxukxnhair

aristotle
'54 Les Paul
'54 Les Paul
Has Liked: 87 times
Been liked: 527 times

JTM1 Low Power Mode

Postby aristotle » 31 Mar 2012, 12:03

I know that the JTM1 has had some mixed reviews, but I'm really enjoying it. The Superchamp XD is off in the closet now, and the JTM1 is my #1 home amp. What really makes it nice to me is the decent sound that comes out of the low power mode. I haven't gotten into recording (other than these clips documenting the various crap I have) but it seems like it would work very well for that. I like the thing enough that it has me wishing for a higher power version, maybe with a PPIMV...maybe throw in a loop. That'd be cool..since it has more gain than the regular JTM, it'd be a super flexible gigging amp with great tone. Wait... nevermind.... I already have a VM :winking

Anyway, here is a shortish clip of the JTM-1 in the low power mode. Mostly just jangling chords through various guitar settings, and I kicked in an OCD at a couple of points. It's through the bottom half of the 40th stack. I juiced up the mic preamp gain so that it's recorded at a normal level. I had to use a really long cable and stand across the room so that the pick sounds on the strings weren't picked up. Interestingly, the recording sounds waaay brighter than it did in real life. Probably something to do with how the human ear perceives sound at low volume (or something to do with me gigging hundered watt amps at small clubs...)

[youtube][/youtube]

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: JTM1 Low Power Mode

Postby surfnorthwest » 31 Mar 2012, 17:32

Yes lovely, I really dig this amp and currently I am recording a song using it and its working out very well. I still find the best magic when I run it as a preamps through either the JMD or the VM. You get that tone plus much more. I can't wait to get the others.

Don't worry about all the hate you read about them and the bitching about the price. You and I know what they sound like and they are just killer little amps. Eventually my plan is to stick all these 1 watt amps in a custom ATA case and connect all the heads as preamps into a JMD1 amp.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Papus
Paid to Shit
Paid to Shit
Has Liked: 80 times
Been liked: 896 times

Postby Papus » 31 Mar 2012, 21:32

Nice demo bro!

Had me fooled for the real thing.
Besides, who's to say a 1w JTM ISN'T THE REAL THING?

Haters be hatin' - fuck 'em, they just bitter coz they can't afford one of these puppies (I'm one of them LOL)

I predict every top 100 song of the next 10 years will be recorded with Marshall 1w amps.
Well, those few songs that still use guitars, that is ;)
Dime that puppy!!!

austinplayer
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 10 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby austinplayer » 01 Apr 2012, 10:24

Thanks for this demo and the others documenting the great gear you have. Does anyone have any comparisons between the low volume mode and this one watt amp and the C5?
Super 100JH/1982AJH
1987X/1960AHW
DSL 50/1960A
TSL 602
Class 5/2061CX
JMP-1H
Lead 12

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”