Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2794 times
Been liked: 2474 times

Re: Just bought the JTM1

Postby Cousin Muely » 06 Apr 2012, 18:37

I just got mine a couple days ago. I love it. My R7 Goldtop sounds like it should through it. Nice warm overdrive and the main thing is this amp doesn't have any harsh frequencies. Very smooth. Folks that do not own one would lead you to believe that a 1watt wouldnt have a clean sound but that simply is not true. I like the cleans on the JTM. Just can't find any fault with it. One of the better out of the box amps ive heard in a while.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 06 Apr 2012, 19:46

Plug that bad boy into the FX Return of your 100 watt amp and see what happens. :headbanger

Congrats on the amp, you what they say... you just can't have one.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Cousin Muely » 07 Apr 2012, 10:14

Yes, I find it interesting that these can be used as a preamp into another amps loop return. Problem is I don't have a100 watter anymore. Home studio guy now. Of course if the oportunity comes to do the band thing again I can get one. And oh yeah, I have the JMP-1C on order also. I want the first 3. The last 2 those will show up for sale sooner or later. I have a VHT S6 Ultra for the really high gain stuff anyway. That one sounds good also.

pleximaster
1-Watt Master
1-Watt Master
Has Liked: 44 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby pleximaster » 07 Apr 2012, 10:32

I guess the dsl and the jvm will be scares since they will have a lot less exposure then the first three, higher price tags and shorter production time.

Plexi

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 07 Apr 2012, 11:01

Cousin Muely wrote:Yes, I find it interesting that these can be used as a preamp into another amps loop return. Problem is I don't have a100 watter anymore. Home studio guy now. Of course if the oportunity comes to do the band thing again I can get one. And oh yeah, I have the JMP-1C on order also. I want the first 3. The last 2 those will show up for sale sooner or later. I have a VHT S6 Ultra for the really high gain stuff anyway. That one sounds good also.
The first three are the ones I really want. Chris George told me that he liked the two channel DSL1 best, of course none of us work at Marshall so we have not heard it. I want to grab the JVM also because I need a Santiago Alvarez amp. :winking
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Cousin Muely
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Cousin Muely » 07 Apr 2012, 12:35

Well to be honest i would like all 5 but i have to draw the line somewhere at this point. I just bought an R7 Goldtop, Class5, a couple of pedals, the JTM, JMP is on order...etc... all in the last month or so :eek That has put a good dent in my "slush" funds. I want the JCM because well...my first Marshall Was an 800 but from what little i have heard of it versus the first 2 i believe i will like them better. Got the JTM warming up now. I got some sunshine today (awesome weather here today) but wife is gone for several hours and now it is time to play :jam

Return to “Marshall 50th Anniversary”