Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Spiderwars
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: New 6100 owner, mods in mind

Postby Spiderwars » 18 Apr 2017, 11:09

If I'm willing to deal with a little extra complexity I run 2 loops. The delay goes in the regular loop (parallel mode) and the EQ-Tuner-Boost go in the Line Out/Line In. But I usually just put it all in the Line Out/Line In loop (EQ-Delay-Tuner-Boost).

I never really went any further investigating the regular loop in series mode. I was never totally convinced that it's not normal behavior for a 6100 and I didn't want to go on a snipe hunt, and I have a workable solution.

I was just setting it all up for a rare gig this weekend and man...this amp really kicks ass!

jeffsmusic4919
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 414 times
Been liked: 362 times

Postby jeffsmusic4919 » 18 Apr 2017, 13:52

Spiderwars wrote:The level change when going series is messing with me a little.
I remember reading this post before and totally forgot about the adjustable buffer in the loop. If the volume level is a problem, just adjust the send/receive levels. :doh I always run series, without a buffer it really does kill the signal. I have an old VOX buffer with two knobs, just like the 6100 has, except it is tube buffered. I hope this helps.

Edit: Double oops, those are trim pots for effects sends only, page 4 in the manual, operational note D.

Anitoli
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 2688 times

Postby Anitoli » 18 Apr 2017, 17:52

Channel 3 is the default loop level with channels 1&2 being adjustable.

Spiderwars
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Spiderwars » 19 Apr 2017, 06:08

Come to think of it, one thing I wanted to try but never did was to put the EQ in the loop (series mode) and see if that made a difference. Since I leave the EQ on all the time maybe that would buffer it. But since the Line OUT/IN work so well I haven't really pursued it any further.

I tried just about every combination of trimpots and MVs but it always distorted. I assume running the channel MVs high contributes but I think it sounds better with channel masters high. So the ole 'turn channel masters down and turn MV up' doesn't work for me.

Return to “Marshall 30th Anniversary”