erolbozkurt
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

DSL5C External Distortion Pedal Noise Problem

Postby erolbozkurt » 02 Jun 2015, 07:34

Hi,

When I use the FX Loop at the back of the amp with other kinds of pedals, I don't have any problems. However, when I plug in a distortation pedal (anything louder than Ibanez Jemini\Overdrive, such as Ibanez Jemini\Distortion or Boss Metal Zone MT-2) the underlying noise makes it unusable. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Erol

jeffsmusic4919
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 414 times
Been liked: 362 times

Re: DSL5C External Distortion Pedal Noise Problem

Postby jeffsmusic4919 » 02 Jun 2015, 13:36

Hello and welcome to the forum. Most people don't put O.D. or distortion pedals in the loop most likely for some of the reasons stated above. Run it into the front of the amp like most others. If that doesn't work for you, make sure the o.d./distortion pedal is first in the chain of pedals in the effects loop.

erolbozkurt
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby erolbozkurt » 06 Jun 2015, 13:07

jeffsmusic4919 wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. Most people don't put O.D. or distortion pedals in the loop most likely for some of the reasons stated above. Run it into the front of the amp like most others. If that doesn't work for you, make sure the o.d./distortion pedal is first in the chain of pedals in the effects loop.
Thanks. That solved it.

If you don't mind, I have another question:

This fx loop at the back is new to me. Some suggest that one can use an overdrive pedal in the loop with the amp's gain on, so that it will have a fuller (?) sound. I tried it with mine both in the loop and in the front, and I liked the sound. Do you have any suggestions to help me improve my "amp boosting" skills?

Thanks again.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 07 Jun 2015, 06:29

The loop sits in between the preamp and the poweramp. Place effects that are timed based (delay) or modulation effects there. Place Overdrives in front of the amp between your guitar and the amps input.

There are many overdrive and distortion pedals on the market, you will need to try a few to decide what it is you like.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall DSL (2012-2017)”