Moderator: longfxukxnhair

dukealexan
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 37 times

SL5 Treble control

Postby dukealexan » 26 Jun 2013, 04:39

I've noticed that the treble control has a sweet spot around 4 that changes the amp's sound. Now this seems to only happen in the OD channel. I fine the amp to be bright with all controls around 12 and the bass control doesn't seem to have much effect, but when I roll the treble back the bass seems to kick in and the over all volume increases. Now I'm not say'n this is bad, I can get some great tones, just want to know. I don't know if this is by design or I have a problem. Again this only seems to happen with the OD channel. So anyone else who has a SL5, if you can check to see if you amp responds the same.

Leddyman
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 28 times

Re: SL5 Treble control

Postby Leddyman » 26 Jun 2013, 16:52

I'm gonna say the guitar is the variable you need to control for. What guitar? What kind of pickups?

I can make the amp bright if I drop the bass and turn up the treble and the presence really high. The presence control seems to have the most effect, but unless I set it at extreme levels the amp just sounds great.
I have one guitar that is really bright that seems to not play well with the SL-5, but I have yet to find an amp that likes it so not an amp issue really.

Return to “Marshall SL-5”