Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Vinsanitizer
<25
<25
Has Liked: 12 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Recorded with SL-5

Postby Vinsanitizer » 29 Nov 2015, 19:23

Great, clip - that's exactly how the SL5 should sound. I have yet to find a single YouTube video that does the amp justice, but this clip represents it very well. How can anyone possibly argue with that kind of tone? Puts the entire (outdated) DSL series to shame. I wish Marshall would pick up the ball they dropped after the JCM800 series and create legendary amps that have mids again instead of this endless mid-scooped DSL, blinged-out JVM, and Signature amp treadmill they're on. They didn't need Slash to develop the SL5 for them, they just need to get real visionaries back in there.

Marshall: stop living off past glories and get back to being the leading, innovative company you once were a long... long... long time ago. (And pssst... by the way, the Mesa Rectifier is passe now, so you can quit copying it and dump the 'mid-shift' and 'deep' switches. Besides, we're all sick of those cheap-ass plastic switches anyway.)
All's I ever wanted was a Marshall SL5. And I has one!
Also, I have some Gibsons, some Fenders, and I don't know, a bunch of pedals somewhere in a box I guess.

VanHeGen
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 911 times
Been liked: 234 times

Re: Recorded with SL-5

Postby VanHeGen » 30 Nov 2015, 02:35

sbrisbane wrote:Hey guys. This is my first post here at the Roadhouse. Been trolling through the forum for a while. Thought it was about time I contribute a bit. I just recorded this blues rock tune in Logic with the SL-5! Man do I love the tones this little amp produces. Check it out!!!!

Cheers,
Scott
Sbrisbane/Scott, I think that you just raised the bar for posting sound clips in this Forum! Excellent playing, rig- and recording sound! Enjoyed it a lot!

Return to “Marshall SL-5”