Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Sully807
Quality Control
Quality Control
Has Liked: 347 times
Been liked: 829 times

Re: Changing output Valve?

Postby Sully807 » 09 Nov 2013, 05:06

Oh and I agreed, in regards to most amps he certainly is right, but not with the SL5, maybe it was because as Santiago says there's no guarentees of a good sound and marshall didn't want people hearing the amp with an inferior tone? Who knows, personally I've found marshall "helpdesks" to be quite frustrating at times when wanting to find out specifics about something, but if you go direct to a designer or specific employee they can be pretty helpful, The v30mf speakers come to mind. Just the way they like to do things I guess
les Paul -> cry baby -> mxr/CAE boost/line driver -> mxr m77 super bad ass modified OD -> marshall 2266 front end ->loop -> TC flashback delay -> mxr 10 band EQ -> marshall sv-1 chorus -> loop return -> marshall mf280a 4x12 cab

Anitoli
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 2688 times

Re: Changing output Valve?

Postby Anitoli » 09 Nov 2013, 05:47

Im glad Surf was able to clarify this issue, Thanks.
As Surf said it doesnt say anything about the tubes in manual and i did look at that first. Also coupled with what the tech support(?) here said and never having seen any of the marketing material i erred on the side of caution even though ultimately i was wrong.

Now, as far as the tech support is concerned, i went to the official site, followed the links and thats where i was directed to. Maybe this needs to be addressed so people can get the proper help?

Return to “Marshall SL-5”