Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Sully807
Quality Control
Quality Control
Has Liked: 347 times
Been liked: 829 times

Re: Silver Jubilee vs. Slash Jubilee

Postby Sully807 » 27 Oct 2013, 02:14

Oh and my 2 cents if people are looking for UYI tour type tones, the jmd1 can do this pretty well, the biggest thing people leave out of that sound and wonder why it doesn't sound right is a digital delay set for slap back
les Paul -> cry baby -> mxr/CAE boost/line driver -> mxr m77 super bad ass modified OD -> marshall 2266 front end ->loop -> TC flashback delay -> mxr 10 band EQ -> marshall sv-1 chorus -> loop return -> marshall mf280a 4x12 cab

Sully807
Quality Control
Quality Control
Has Liked: 347 times
Been liked: 829 times

Silver Jubilee vs. Slash Jubilee

Postby Sully807 » 27 Oct 2013, 02:23

OdgeUK wrote:My memory is hazy but I remember a rig diagram on an article for UYI recording and I'm sure it showed an old 70's JMP blended with his modded JCM800. Don't recall the Jubilee being used at that time, in the studio.

Ultimately though, the point I was making is that the Jubilee, by itself, is far from the 'Slash' sound, especially if you're going for Appetite-era Marshall sound. IMO.

Saw Velvet Revolver's last gig in the UK and Slash appeared to be using just the Vintage Modern (although who knows what was actually wired up backstage?). Was a great crunch sound he had going on, maybe a little bright, but much ballsier than any Jubilee sound I ever heard.
Yeah sometimes slash's "back line" can be a little misleading, for instance the three AFD stacks he has on stage at the moment, the heads are just cabs with LEDS in them according to his tech Ace. The VR rig I'll post below. The secret to slash's sound being bigger is that he has always used a number of heads blended, which will obviously give a much ballsier sound.

For me the ultimate slash sound was the UYI Tokyo DVD, and the November rain and estranged recordings. The DVD was the first GnR material I ever watched/listened to in any detail and it grabbed me.
The main UYI album head is a 2203 modified by Dave Friedman, he still uses that today on recordings, don't know what the mods are though

les Paul -> cry baby -> mxr/CAE boost/line driver -> mxr m77 super bad ass modified OD -> marshall 2266 front end ->loop -> TC flashback delay -> mxr 10 band EQ -> marshall sv-1 chorus -> loop return -> marshall mf280a 4x12 cab

Return to “Marshall 25th Anniversarary Silver Jubilee (RI)”