Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Friedman Unveils the ASC-12 Powered Monitor

Postby surfnorthwest » 21 Jun 2017, 19:07

500 watt power amp/speaker combo made for Axe/FX, Kemper or other digital gear.

North Hollywood, CA (June 19, 2017) -- Friedman Amplification has unveiled the new ASC-12 two-way, 500-watt powered modeler/profiler monitor.

The Friedman ASM-12 took the industry by storm in 2016 and has quickly become the go to active stage monitor for players using modelers and profilers. The new ASC-12 offers the same features and sound as the ASM-12, but in a familiar combo style cabinet.

The Friedman ASC-12 powered monitor was designed and voiced for use with today’s guitar amp modelers and profilers including Fractal Audio Axe-Fx, Kemper Profiler, Line 6 Helix Series and others. The ASC-12 delivers rich authentic tones, allowing you get the most out of these systems in live use and playback applications. And, it looks just like a speaker cabinet that would be used with a separate head.

The ASC-12 features a Celestion 12″ loudspeaker with a 2.5″ edge wound voice coil and a premium Celestion high frequency compression driver. At the heart of the ASC-12 is a robust 500w Bi-Amp Class-G amplifier that is anything but digital. This proprietary amplifier design delivers rich, full tone and a wide frequency response making it suited for backline, stage monitoring or even as your main PA speaker.

Features:

12” 2-Way Active Cabinet for use with modelers/profilers
Bi-Amp power amplifier module with high efficiency Class G low frequency amplification
High current output stage and custom signal processing
Made in USA using premium worldwide components
LF Transducer - Celestion - 12” speaker with 2.5” edge wound voice coil
HF Transducer - Celestion PETP film compression driver with 1.75” voice coil
Maximum total burst power - 500W
Low Cut Filer (switchable) - 3rd order Butterworth @ 100Hz
Controls - Level knob, Low-cut filter switch, Ground lift switch, Power switch, AC fuse, 115/230V switch
Indicators/Power - Power, Protect, Limit, Signal
Amplifier Protection - Short circuit, Clip-limiter, Overheat mute, SOA output stage, Driver DC protection, Subsonic filter, Turn-n mute and soft ramp, Turn-on inrush current limiting
Connectors - Balanced female XLR input / Balanced male XLR link output
Baltic birch plywood construction
Dimensions - 18.5" x 19" x 30"
Weight - 52 lbs.

MAP and MSRP for the ASC-12 is $899.

https://youtu.be/NgizHIPr9z0
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Alpeggio
Secret Blueser
Secret Blueser
Has Liked: 5144 times
Been liked: 3146 times

Re: Friedman Unveils the ASC-12 Powered Monitor

Postby Alpeggio » 22 Jun 2017, 15:21

I think the digital rigs always sound better with FRFR speakers.
My ideal would be to use that and a real mic for recording.

A good cab and speaker will soften the digital, along with a real mic, which would bring with it some lovely natural room ambience.
SV20 Plexi, JTM45, YJM plexi, KK800, JTM60, JTM1, JMP1, JCM1, DSL1, JVM1.

Return to “Solid State Amplifiers”