Moderator: longfxukxnhair

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Boss Unveils the Katana-Air Amp

Postby surfnorthwest » 10 Jan 2018, 09:47

Starting to see a lot of the 2018 NAMM show products show up.

Here we have the first wireless battery operated stereo amp with five voicings and multiple effects.

Equipped with the same sound-shaping features found in the Katana Version 2 amplifiers, the Katana-Air delivers premium tones for all styles of music. Five channels provide a wide range of sounds, from sparkling clean to BOSS’s custom high-gain Brown sound. There’s also integrated access to over 50 BOSS effects, plus six memories for storing favorite amp and effects setups.

The Katana-Air is a true stereo amplifier with two custom-tuned speakers and up to 30 watts of total power, offering big, rich sound for both guitar amplification and full-range music reproduction. A convenient docking port in the amp charges the battery in the included wireless transmitter, providing up to 12 hours of continuous playing time per charge.

The Katana-Air is always ready to play. It operates in standby mode to conserve energy when idle, and instantly wakes when it senses motion. In addition, the transmitter automatically establishes the optimum wireless connection when docked, with no user operation required.

My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Sigi M
Marshall Museum Curator Friedland Germany
Marshall Museum Curator Friedland Germany
Has Liked: 1977 times
Been liked: 2724 times

Re: Boss Unveils the Katana-Air Amp

Postby Sigi M » 10 Jan 2018, 09:50

An all in one Amp?!
Try it on NAMM. I am curious what you say.
http://www.marshall-forever.de
https://www.facebook.com/MarshallAmpMuseum?ref=hl

Life is short, so let's rock ! ..................and Marshall forever !!!

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 10 Jan 2018, 10:09

Sigi M wrote:An all in one Amp?!

Yes, now I can put an amp in the bathroom. I get great ideas for riffs when I drop anchor.

Will take pictures and video and post many reviews after the show. Just me and Josh going this year. Have so much on my shopping list to try.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Anitoli
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 2610 times
Been liked: 2688 times

Postby Anitoli » 10 Jan 2018, 10:13

surfnorthwest wrote:
Sigi M wrote:An all in one Amp?!

Yes, now I can put an amp in the bathroom. I get great ideas for riffs when I drop anchor.
It's true, you really can come up with some real bowel grinding riffs on the can......................

Return to “Solid State Amplifiers”