Post your sound clips here to get Member Feedback

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 07 Nov 2008, 17:23

they wer great clips man!! sounds really cool!!

wads33
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Nice tone!

Postby wads33 » 08 Nov 2008, 06:54

slowpokerhino wrote:
wads33 wrote:I just got a 2466 head and cab. I'm coming from a mesa mark iv. This is exactly the tone I'm looking for! What are your settings? The tone is very warm and full. I'm having a hard time with the cutting brightness of mine.
This may seem like a smartass reply, please don't take it that way.
Have you tried simply turning down the tone knobs on your guitar? This amp was designed to be controlled from your guitar. Before the VM I kept every knob on my guitar on 10 all the time, it took quite awhile to "learn" how to manipulate the amp & my guitar to get the tones I wanted. Now I couldn't possibly go back.

I'm realizing that if I'm going to keep this amp, I have to start using my guitar controls more. I have always used my volume knobs to clean up my sound. I have never had to use tone knobs to take cutting highs out though. I have always subscribed to the notion that the amp should sound good on its own then add or take from it.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Nice tone!

Postby slowpokerhino » 08 Nov 2008, 14:43

wads33 wrote:
I'm realizing that if I'm going to keep this amp, I have to start using my guitar controls more. I have always used my volume knobs to clean up my sound. I have never had to use tone knobs to take cutting highs out though. I have always subscribed to the notion that the amp should sound good on its own then add or take from it.
I try and set the amp so that it sounds good with my tone controls at about half, that way I can cut or add treble as needed for the room or situation.

cdcharley
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 1 time

Postby cdcharley » 10 Nov 2008, 14:39

I agree with slowpokerino--for me, it was converting a bit of brightness to bite---the room can make a big difference so I pretty much dial my VM in with my guitar tones and volumes at 5--9 times at of 10 my amp eq's are pretty much at 5. high dynamic, mv at 6, body 5 and detail at 7. I then control evrything from my guitar, using pick up's, volume and tone. Give it a try!!

StephenRutledge
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby StephenRutledge » 10 Nov 2008, 15:40

nice one... tie your mother sounds huge.

Return to “Roadhouse Sound Check”