Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Supernaught
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Small clip of Fulltone OCD with VM

Postby Supernaught » 08 Dec 2008, 09:36

Someone on another forum asked me to make a clip to show the VM and a Fulltone OCD, so I thought Id post it here too in case anyones interested. I havent found a better way to share clips etc. than myspace, despite the compression they use.

The VM and OCD are pretty much set the same as Paul Gilbert's with the volume at 2 (because of my neighbours!) and the detail tweaked to compensate. Im using my Dean ML 30th Anniversary with a Bill Lawrence L-500XL pickup. I was gonna use my PGM301 but didnt want to rip Paul off totally! I used a SM-57 without a lot of mic placement so the tones not as good as it could be.

The playing was totally improvised, therefore pretty sucky, but Ive done worse so I dont mind posting it!

The first part is the VM on its own, then you can hear the click as I step on the pedal and I play pretty much the same thing with the OCD on.

As you can hear the OCD doesnt add much to the chords, just a touch more distortion and a tiny bit more fullness. On the lead playing there is a definate bite and the upper register is more defined. There is also a bit of noise, but as I was sat right in front of the amp it's not so bad.

Anyway, here ya go: http://www.myspace.com/fleasbass

Return to “Roadhouse Sound Check”