Moderator: longfxukxnhair

classic rock
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

3 short audio clips of me and my VM

Postby classic rock » 24 May 2009, 06:09

Its been awhile since I posted an audio clip of what I can do with the VM. Its been a year and a half since I owned the VM and I feel like my playing and my tone have come along way. This amp just made me a better player and for once I can honestly say I am 100% percent satisfied with the tone I am getting and almost officially retired my 65 Fender Bassman. Please let me know what you guys think.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFoe ... SWNLSkE9PQ - Badge Solo Cover, I stayed true to the original solo

http://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFoe ... YU1LSkE9PQ - Badge Solo Cover again, this time I plugged my Les Paul with 57 classics. Did one take and it was completely improvised. Love the extra grit the 57s give.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFoe ... N0RIRGc9PQ - A jam I put together with drums, rhythm and lead
ELECTRIC GUITARS
American Strat APS-2 \ Gibson Les Paul #34 '57s \ Gibson Les Paul Classic Burstbucker Pros \
AMPS
Marshall VM 2466 425A Cab \ 65 Fender Bassman 50 Watt \ 93 Fender Vibroverb
EFFECTS
Dunlop JH-F1 > Barber Direct Drive LG > Zendrive > Lovepedal Vibe > Fulltone Wah > Korg Pitch Black Tuner > Radial Bigshot A/B/Y Switch
ATTENUATORS
Marshall Powerbrake \ Dr Z Airbrake - - - Powebrake definitely takes the cake - - -

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: 3 short audio clips of me and my VM

Postby surfnorthwest » 26 May 2009, 18:45

Sounds good, I like the Les Paul tone you were getting the best, just thicker. Also thought you were getting a very natrual tone from the amp, not over done at all.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

classic rock
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 3 short audio clips of me and my VM

Postby classic rock » 28 May 2009, 04:49

Thanks surf for giving a listen. I used to only use low range and use a lot of OD pedal and it sounded good but not so natural. But one day I tried experimenting again in the high range and fell in love with the amp again. The high range was definately the answer for what I like to play.
ELECTRIC GUITARS
American Strat APS-2 \ Gibson Les Paul #34 '57s \ Gibson Les Paul Classic Burstbucker Pros \
AMPS
Marshall VM 2466 425A Cab \ 65 Fender Bassman 50 Watt \ 93 Fender Vibroverb
EFFECTS
Dunlop JH-F1 > Barber Direct Drive LG > Zendrive > Lovepedal Vibe > Fulltone Wah > Korg Pitch Black Tuner > Radial Bigshot A/B/Y Switch
ATTENUATORS
Marshall Powerbrake \ Dr Z Airbrake - - - Powebrake definitely takes the cake - - -

Return to “Roadhouse Sound Check”