Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 182 times
Been liked: 98 times

Me,My VM and My Drummer Jamming

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 09 Jun 2009, 16:12

Here's a couple Clips of me and my Drummer Dylan jamming on a couple kick ass songs. Computer mic could take the volume at times so its not a perfect recording but it still shows off the VM's kick ass tone.

AC/DC: "Shook Me All Night Long":

Guns N Roses: Don't Damn Me":
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
Marshall 2466 100watt Vintage Modern w/ Matching 425A cab
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Guitars: 6 Les Pauls with Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 Pro Pickups.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Me,My VM and My Drummer Jamming

Postby surfnorthwest » 09 Jun 2009, 18:09

You have a good tone going but obviously the sound quality of the recording is bad. However I can still hear the amps tone and I think the ACDC clip gives a very respectable tone for that song. The signal sounded direct to me....no pedals ?

In the future if you have to use the computers mic then move it off to the side and NOT directly in front of the amp. Also make sure it is not facing the amp, a mic like that cannot handle a Marshall amp but a least you should remove the distortion. :deney
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 09 Jun 2009, 18:23

For how it was recorded I didn't think it was too bad. Sounds like you guys were having fun. :Thumbs

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 09 Jun 2009, 18:48

yeah dude sounded pretty good! i think it sounded like youv improved since the last clip ya posted! wit the crazy train solo n all. this clip was much better!
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

DeanM
Irish Rocker
Irish Rocker
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby DeanM » 09 Jun 2009, 18:53

That^ was for the ac/dc clip.

guns sounds good tonewise too but i think could be played tighter. solo was good tho! i think you practice lead more than rhythm? am i right?
Everybody seems to think i'm lazy.
I dont mind...I think they're crazy!

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 10 Jun 2009, 01:54

surfnorthwest wrote:You have a good tone going but obviously the sound quality of the recording is bad. However I can still hear the amps tone and I think the ACDC clip gives a very respectable tone for that song. The signal sounded direct to me....no pedals ?

In the future if you have to use the computers mic then move it off to the side and NOT directly in front of the amp. Also make sure it is not facing the amp, a mic like that cannot handle a Marshall amp but a least you should remove the distortion. :deney
It was a very quick set up, the mic used was on my laptop, and I had the mic level all the way down so no mic boost was used it wouldn't even pick us up talking just the amp and drums. I missed my Desktop pc's SoundMax mic dearly during this jam for its ability to automatically adjust the level for a clear recording, but my laptops sound card won't work with those drivers so I used the crappy mic. I placed the mic between my VM's handle on the top of the head, which in turn was facing the drums (I know not a smart move) but the cord was only 4 feet long.

It was set up direct... Guitar direct to amp via a 2x12 cab, very simple, the exact purpose and reason I bought the VM, so I could get my basic sound this easy.

I love how I barely had to try to get those nice sounding pinch harmonics during the first part of the solo, all VM there :)

If you listen closely you can hear the drummers cymbals ratling when I'm riffing through the VM :)
Amplifiers: Marshall 2555x 100watt Silver Jubilee Full Stack with matching 2551AV & 2551BV 8x12 70 watt Vintage 30 speakers.
1966 Fender Bandmaster
Effects: MXR:M234 Analog Chorus, Phase90, Slash Octave Fuzz, Slash SC95 Wah. BOSS: RV-3 & DD3 Reverb & Delay, GE-7 EQ,NS-2 Noise Suppressor, CS-3 Compression Sustainer

Slashwannabe1
Knighted
Knighted

Postby Slashwannabe1 » 10 Jun 2009, 02:28

DeanM wrote:That^ was for the ac/dc clip.

guns sounds good tonewise too but i think could be played tighter. solo was good tho! i think you practice lead more than rhythm? am i right?
Thanks! :)

I like to do a good mix of lead and rhythm playing but I do favor lead more,but lead ain't nothing unless you got a good rhythm to pump you up! This is me and the drummers 3rd time jamming together so we're working the kinks out in eachothers playing, On "Don't Damn Me" we're still working on how we want to end it, we might do a slightly different ending.

I've gotten a ton more confidence as a player since having the VM since March, even my guitar seems to be more musical and I Barely have to try at times to get sounds I used to work my ass off for when I used to use distortion pedals. When hearing the VM live it sounds so darn meaty and the thing growls like a mean s.o.b! especially if I strum a D Chord on HDR and let it sustain out.

My drummer kind of sounds like a more technical Steven Adler LOL
1966 Fender Bandmaster

Return to “Roadhouse Sound Check”