Moderator: longfxukxnhair

noise5150
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 17 times
Been liked: 59 times

Re: The CODE has landed in the UK

Postby noise5150 » 24 Jun 2016, 09:50

surfnorthwest wrote:Really has to do with the way Softube is able to model these amps. The modeling technology they used in the CODE is better then what they had available back when they made the models for the JMD1 six years ago. I am still waiting to rip apart a 100 watt version and rack it as a preamp to push into a 100 watt EL34 amp. Shame they did not use these preamps to pair with a all valve power section again.
Thats a great idea. I would possibly run the CODE through my DSL40 power section. The only question is I have is if I racked it, wouldn't I have to plug the output of the CODE into a power soak or something?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 24 Jun 2016, 09:57

noise5150 wrote:
surfnorthwest wrote:Really has to do with the way Softube is able to model these amps. The modeling technology they used in the CODE is better then what they had available back when they made the models for the JMD1 six years ago. I am still waiting to rip apart a 100 watt version and rack it as a preamp to push into a 100 watt EL34 amp. Shame they did not use these preamps to pair with a all valve power section again.
Thats a great idea. I would possibly run the CODE through my DSL40 power section. The only question is I have is if I racked it, wouldn't I have to plug the output into a power soak or something?
No.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

noise5150
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 17 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby noise5150 » 24 Jun 2016, 11:17

surfnorthwest wrote:No.
Even if the CODE isn't connected to a speaker?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 24 Jun 2016, 12:38

It can be done, verified the safety of doing this with Santiago. No load required as long as you have a cable into the headphone jack.

The 100 watt versions have a " 1/4in line out"
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

acefreecell
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby acefreecell » 23 Aug 2016, 03:23

So considering getting a Code25, based on some of the comments here and the fact I do not have the space or talent for the real thing. However, how does it compare to the new Vox AV, which uses a real valve in the mix - or is an AVT going to be better than the Vox.

Really the thought of modelling amps for me, is that I can try the setups of a 900/800/etc without all the expense. Any views or has someone compared the Vox to the Code?
Ace Frehley Signature Les Paul
Marshall Class 5 Mk1 (V1 - Gold Lion B579, V2 - Tung Sol 12ax7, Mullard RI EL84)
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Marshall RF-1 Reflector
Marshall ED-1 Compressor
Digitech Black 13
Coopersonic Dual Valve Distortion

Sadly gone - Marshall 1912, Epiphone Valve Jnr (Hot Rod Special) Head, Marshal MG30RCD

Blokkadeleider
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 750 times
Been liked: 415 times

Postby Blokkadeleider » 23 Aug 2016, 10:03

gtrman wrote:
Torshalla wrote:Thanks... So another modelling system... But you have to buy hardware and software pluggins...
How does that compare to helix, axe fx and kemper?
Without trying the amp myself I am pretty sure that the Marshall profiles in your Kemper will sound much closer to the real thing then the Code.
I have a code 50 new now and already had my '67 super lead for a very long time.
I can assure you that the plexi comes very close. The combination of the JTM preamp with the 100W power amp comes absurdly close to the real thing. Minus the volume of course
It is much better than you'd think judging by the price.

Gr,

Gerrit.

Return to “Marshall CODE”