Bailz
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 13 times
Been liked: 15 times

Code 50 and Backing Tracks

Postby Bailz » 22 Apr 2019, 01:51

Hi all,

I am thinking about a bit of a sideline to my main band for when the other guys aren't available to gig.

Do you think its feasible to solo gig to backing tracks using just a Marshall Code (mine is a 50)? By this I mean mostly instrumental tracks by the likes of Peter Green, Jeff Beck, Hendrix etc. Chilled out stuff.

I know the best bet would be to get a PA to run the tracks through but until I can show viability don't want to shell out on kit I'll end up selling if it doesn't work.

Cheers,
Bailz

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Code 50 and Backing Tracks

Postby surfnorthwest » 23 Apr 2019, 05:33

The CODE would do it but would not be my first choice for a piece of gear to do solo performance along with backing tracks.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Dana,s blues
Gold Member
Gold Member
Has Liked: 719 times
Been liked: 408 times

Re: Code 50 and Backing Tracks

Postby Dana,s blues » 25 Apr 2019, 17:03

I guess it depends where you are playing. But if it is small clubs they would have their own pa or at least a good sound system. There is a lot of affordable equipment out there that could play your jam tracks that way. There are even smart phone aps for that. I use my computer to play jam tracks through my home sound system. Sounds great. A pa would be best if you are doing vocals as well. Good luck.
:Cheers Dana's blues

Return to “Marshall CODE”