Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Jizzmasterzero
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: Greetings and Random Questions

Postby Jizzmasterzero » 09 Dec 2009, 22:34

i think i am going to take it further as they told me because the salesman gave me a discount for paying cash they dont know if they can replace it with a new one because they may lose alot of money. Can they do that?

The head was not marked up as being used or anything.
Guitars: 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Stagg Strat Copy
Tokai ALS48 with Alnico 2 Pro Humbuckers (Bridge and Neck)
1980's Hohner with SD Vintage 59' Humbuckers (Bridge and Neck)
Ibanez RG470

Amps: JVM410HJS with Matching Cab (Blue)
2266 and 1960a loaded with G-12C's
JCM800 2210 with 1960AV
Line 6 Spider Jam

FX: Boss TU-2, Dunlop 535Q, EH Neo Clone and Flashback Delay.

ClubAndCountry
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 7 times

Postby ClubAndCountry » 10 Dec 2009, 00:21

Don't get a new amp from them, insist on a full refund including your shipping costs - this is within your rights as a consumer if the goods sold are not as described. You don't actually have to ship it back to them yourself, you can make them do it as long as you do make it available for collection. (I think the relevant legislation is the Sale Of Goods Act, but Trading Standards will be able to tell you.) If they lose money on the shipping, tough - it's not your problem. They have already proved they're dishonest, don't give them the opportunity to screw you again - or later refuse warranty service if you need it, or something like that. Get your money back, and buy an amp from another dealer.

Are they even a legitimate Marshall dealer? Even if they gave you a discount, the trade price of a new amp to them should be lower than any price you paid for it unless it really was almost being given away, so that argument doesn't hold up either. And if they *are* a Marshall dealer, I'm sure Marshall won't be too happy with this.

Jizzmasterzero
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Jizzmasterzero » 13 Dec 2009, 09:01

I feel a need to name and shame a particular distributor of Marshall products.

Please stay away from The Guitar Amp and Keyboard store, both online and the shop. The customer service is rubbish and they will tell you a whole manner of lies just so you go away and don't bother them.

My experience with them so far has been awful, the only way i can get a straight answer from them is by talking to Marshall who are fantastic.

I was told that a replacment amp has been sent from Marshall to GAK, which was true, the problem arises when i speak to GAK about when they can send it too me. I was told that they will personally see it on the truck on thursday and it will be delivered on friday. Which is fair enough.

But on friday there was no delivery so i phone up GAK and ask where the amp is, they told me they did give it to fed ex but he would go and check in the warehouse to see what happened and he would give me a shout sraight back when he found out some more info. I left it an hour and decided to give him a call, for 1 hour he did not answer his phone.

I decided to give fed ex a call and they told me they did not get the amp till friday night.

Am I over reacting? Either way i'm phoning Marshall on monday and telling them about the "Authorised Dealer"

Avoid Guitar Amp and Keyboard at all costs.
Guitars: 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Stagg Strat Copy
Tokai ALS48 with Alnico 2 Pro Humbuckers (Bridge and Neck)
1980's Hohner with SD Vintage 59' Humbuckers (Bridge and Neck)
Ibanez RG470

Amps: JVM410HJS with Matching Cab (Blue)
2266 and 1960a loaded with G-12C's
JCM800 2210 with 1960AV
Line 6 Spider Jam

FX: Boss TU-2, Dunlop 535Q, EH Neo Clone and Flashback Delay.

Return to “Marshall Vintage Modern”