About time for a favourite settings sticky...

Vintage Modern Head and Combo

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Gixxalee
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Gixxalee » 27 Apr 2008, 12:57

Hi Guys this is my first post on here I'm finding all the info really useful so far. One thing I wanted to ask is do the people who use OD pedals in front on the VM find they get a lot of feed back when cranking the amp? I'v got the 2266C Settings are
body 4
detail 4
treble 5
mid 7
bass 5
pres 5
master>5
high dynamic range
mid boost in

Im using an MXR zakk wylde od output 1clock gain 9-10oclock tone 10 oclock my guitar is loaded with emg active pickup . I've only had the amp a couple of weeks so still trying to get my sound down just my band is playing some ozzy stuff (crazy train) and I found I could do with a bit more gain for that song in particular to help with that pedaled A thru the verses., dunno might just be me?! :? any how intrested to see what you peeps are doing
Cheers,
Lee.

L.P. Marshall
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Been liked: 0

Postby L.P. Marshall » 27 Apr 2008, 14:42

Gixxalee wrote:Hi Guys this is my first post on here I'm finding all the info really useful so far. One thing I wanted to ask is do the people who use OD pedals in front on the VM find they get a lot of feed back when cranking the amp? I'v got the 2266C Settings are
body 4
detail 4
treble 5
mid 7
bass 5
pres 5
master>5
high dynamic range
mid boost in

Im using an MXR zakk wylde od output 1clock gain 9-10oclock tone 10 oclock my guitar is loaded with emg active pickup . I've only had the amp a couple of weeks so still trying to get my sound down just my band is playing some ozzy stuff (crazy train) and I found I could do with a bit more gain for that song in particular to help with that pedaled A thru the verses., dunno might just be me?! :? any how intrested to see what you peeps are doing
Cheers,
Lee.
i've used an ocd or tubescreamer in front and never had feedback problems...but it is on low dynamic....probably too much drive for high dynamic
2466 vm
2100slx
425a
1960av
1960bx
'82 gibson flying v
gibson lp standard
epi korina explorer
fender strats

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 27 Apr 2008, 19:22

I would agree. Overdrive/distortion/boost pedals really work best in low range. In high range they tend to just add noise.

Armann
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Armann » 28 Apr 2008, 02:37

I just use my volume knob no distortion pedals...I play with high dynamics on all the time.

Gixxalee
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby Gixxalee » 28 Apr 2008, 11:26

What sort of music do you play? I find the high dynamic seems to work for most stuff just that one track in particular that I'm stuggling with it doen't help that the other guitarist in the band is using a boss gt 8 so he has loads of effect on and the sound contrast is quite sevre.

Gixxalee
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby Gixxalee » 28 Apr 2008, 14:41

Well I've give it a go in low range and I'm quite pleased with the results I do find tho if i switch to the high range with the od on it seems alot brighter sounding but I guess its just a case of dialling that into the low range? :? Anyhow thanks for the help, I think I will persivere with it in low range as I can't be doing with all the noise in high range that the od pedal makes. Might try a noise gate in the future but i'll see how we go for now need to get it up to gig/rehearsal volume first and have a play around at that.
Anyway
Cheers fellas,
Lee.

Armann

Postby Armann » 28 Apr 2008, 15:19

Gixxalee wrote:What sort of music do you play? I find the high dynamic seems to work for most stuff just that one track in particular that I'm stuggling with it doen't help that the other guitarist in the band is using a boss gt 8 so he has loads of effect on and the sound contrast is quite sevre.
I play classic rock, Zeppelin, Skynyrd and alot of GNR, stuff like that.

I use the volume knob for all my tone needs, 1-3 is my clean 4-7 is my distorted rhythm, after 7 it's solo time... :)

Gixxalee
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby Gixxalee » 29 Apr 2008, 11:02

Cool :D I can defo get those sort of tones for sure, do you find it to be quite a chunky sound tho' or is that just me and or my guitar I have emg 81 and 85 pickups in it the active ones and its a Jackson guitar I think the body is poplar with a maple top. We play some GnR and I agree the sound is pretty much spot on for that!

Bigdawg

2266c

Postby Bigdawg » 01 May 2008, 03:58

Hi guys first post here, but recognize a couple of names from MLP... :D

Re the 2266C Ive currently got one winging its way to me, but a quick question, using the range selector has anyone found a setting that would give a good bluesbreaker sound on low and a decent rock sound on high...??

oh and what does 'dime' the settings mean?? :?

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LivewireBlanco » 01 May 2008, 12:02

Dime = turning the knob to 10. For a bluesbreaker type sound, check for Steve's JTM settings which is on this thread. Awesome sound! You're going to love the VM!

Oh, and welcome to the board! :D
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

Bigdawg

Postby Bigdawg » 02 May 2008, 01:37

cool, thank you... :D

Chips

Postby Chips » 05 May 2008, 06:28

Hi guys, this is my first post here. And I'm french, so I hope you'll understand my english :mrgreen:

So I got a 2466 and I play Funk-Rock music, something between Red Hot Chili Peppers and Lenny Kravitz.

This setting is for my '68 Gibson SG loaded with Benedetti SP-90 in neck position and Benedetti Rock-Standard in bridge position.

Reverb : 4 (when used)
Master : 4.5
Bass : 3
mid : 4
Treble : Just before 4
Low dynamic range
Mid boost : off
Detail : 10
Body : 10

On my guitar, just turn bridge Tone to 7 to have a great crunch and neck Volume and Tone to 7 to have a beautifull Clean. I just put High dynamic range for solos.
It sounds like Slash in Civil War.

Have a good day, mine will 'cause of my 2466. Love It !
8)

LivewireBlanco
The Professor
The Professor
Has Liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby LivewireBlanco » 05 May 2008, 21:37

Welcome aboard Chips! Civil War had some awesome tone on it! Oh, and that's a KILLER SG man! 8)
"I play country the way a good rock guitarist should."
http://www.myspace.com/buckshotbradley

coldsteal2
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Been liked: 1 time

Re: 2266c

Postby coldsteal2 » 06 May 2008, 11:31

Bigdawg wrote:Hi guys first post here, but recognize a couple of names from MLP... :D

Re the 2266C Ive currently got one winging its way to me, but a quick question, using the range selector has anyone found a setting that would give a good bluesbreaker sound on low and a decent rock sound on high...??

oh and what does 'dime' the settings mean?? :?
Yea howdy man, coldsteal2 here!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_mu ... dID=678085

Marshall 2266 head
Marshall 900 100watt head
Marshall 800 100watt head (1989)
Marshall 1960A cab 2 G12H, and 2 G12M Heritiage Greenbacks
Marshall DSL 401 V-30
Marshall AVT50 V-30
Crate cab Celestion G12M 70s

Bigdawg