New buzz - RIPPING MY HAIR OUT

Solutions, Advice, Mods, and Troubleshooting.

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Kongels
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 13 Aug 2008, 20:45

Mogami is my favorite, if you don't want to spend the dough Conquest makes the best cheap ones.

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby kissfanps » 19 Aug 2008, 10:36

When installed my pups i did not clip off the extra lead wire and just stuffed it into the chamber. Could that be causing this fiasco?
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 19 Aug 2008, 13:27

Just to be sure I would recommend popping it open and making sure all your solder points are good, clean, so on. It only does this with the one guitar?

HappyBlues
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

noise - buzz

Postby HappyBlues » 06 Oct 2008, 00:17

Well I noticed that my VM combo is a lot more noisy than my Peavey Classic 30 was. I really have to be at least 1,5 meters away from amp to not pickup extraneous noise. Also I can find certain direction of guitar where it stops. But it seems strange that a Marshall would be noisier than peavey. Maybe it is only that I run Marshall much louder? Or is it that Marshall's tubes/trannys are much less friendly to single coils (i.e. they generate much more electromagnetic hum)? Anyways I really won't turn back to a peavey since the sound of VM is some classes above :)
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 3x SC, natural finish, RM Pickups RS6s
Fokus Strat, alder, maple, 2x SC, 1x HB, transparent red finish
Boss FA-1, Fender PT-100 Tuner, Boss BluesDriver 2 clone - dual channel, Fulldrive 2 Mosfet clone, Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Boy, Electro-Harmonix Worm (the big one)
Custom made amp in hardwood cabinet and Fender Blackface and Marshall Jub type preamps. Jub power amp. Celestion G12 Century Next speaker.

opaz
<25
<25
Been liked: 0

Postby opaz » 20 Nov 2008, 14:39

Hi all,

Wow, a whole website dedicated to the vintage moderns.

I've got a nasty buzz in the hi gain channel when nothing at all is plugged into the amp and everything is turned down. I've used it in several different buildings - same thing. any ideas?
opaz

telecaster
marshall vintage modern 2266c

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 21 Nov 2008, 01:24

Welcome to the forum opaz. :)

Are you sure the buzz is only there in the high range?
Does it change in volume or character if you press the front or back panel near to the mains transformer with your thumb (the side with the mains input socket)?

Return to “Roadhouse Repair Shop”