Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 23 Aug 2008, 09:34

BNS, Congrats on the new amp!!!

ps;Boss has a very good a/b switch, i have had one which i used to switch
between the two channels of a voxac30cc2. When channels can be blend
you can also use a A/B/Y switch( morley for example)
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

BNS
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby BNS » 23 Aug 2008, 10:55

Thanks Bluesbrother and thanks Slow for your suggestion. I expanded my thinking and decided to go custom and have a few features built into it (loop, tuner kill, plus quad A/B). May as well go for the gusto. I decided to have the box built by MaxxPlay. The guy is Anthony Gelona and I can say honestly I don't think I've ever gotten better customer service from anyone on anything (although I haven't ordered it yet so if anyone has info on MaxxPlay let me know).

I also asked Analogman if he could build me what I wanted and I received a very disappointing email. He basically told me that he was too busy to deal with me but I could download one of the pictures from his website, adjust it in photoshop, send it back to him and compute the price myself from his price list. By contrast, within 1 day Anthony had emailed me 3 very professional schematics of possible boxes, and his suggestions for what else might be useful to add. I have a bunch of Analogman stuff and I haven't been let down before but I was very displeased with the service this time.

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 23 Aug 2008, 14:25

Very cool BNS.
Customer service is very important nowadays. There is no shortage of boutique builders out there. David from Loooper was the same way, I had a need for a very custom loop box and we emailed back and forth and discussed possible options for about a month before I placed my order. He genuinely seemed excited about the project (something a little different from his normal orders) and the pedal ended up only costing me a wopping $50. Unfortunately he developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & can't make pedals anymore. :cry:

Return to “Valve Amplifiers”