Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 105 times
Been liked: 44 times

Re: Dr Z Remedy

Postby Spotted Dog » 20 Jul 2009, 19:40

I wish you well with the healing Faze. It is clear to me that your talent and God's voice comes through, in spite of the challenges you are facing. :Thumbs

Also helpful for me to know your opinion of the Remedy vs the Maz Jr., thanks for sharing and ....
:jam :jam :jam :jam :jam
Joe, Jimi, Stevie, Derek, Carlos, Jimmy, Warren, Buddy, Dickie, Eric, Lonnie, Robin, Duane, Luther, David, Tommy, Walter

335, LPs, Strats, Teles, Myra -->> 2266, 425A, JTM1, JMP1H, JCM1H, Lone Star Special, Super Reverb, Dr Z Galaxie & Carmen Ghia, MG 15, Li'l Dawg Tweed Deluxe Clone

TS-808, Blues Driver; Lovepedal, Amp 50, MXR 78 BadAss, Les Lius, Java Boost, Fuzz Head, MXR 10 EQ, Deja Vibe, Cry Baby, Trinity Reverb, Alter Ego Delay, Rat, Big Muff, MK Boost

essay
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby essay » 24 Aug 2009, 21:55

I realize I'll probably get ripped by saying it when I probably have 3 posts on this forum, but I thought I'd share my experience with the Remedy....

I walked in a local store to pick up an 80's JCM800 combo. Before I checked out I saw the Remedy and thought I'd give it a quick go. I saw the youtube video of it (all things considered, one of the more flattering demo videos on youtube). I bought it on the spot. I took it back home and played with it for a few weeks. I did a recording session with it, and in all blind taste-tests, it was never chosen by the other guys as the keeper track. It was a great sounding amp (truly!), but it didn't quite "out-Marshall" the Marshall. The plexi's were picked as the winners every time.

Of course it may have been the songs, guitar choices (tried Fender CS Strats, PRS, and Tele), etc. but it never quite did the trick for me. Definitely a boutique amp that is well assembled, well-rounded, and really sounds good. Dr. Z has a great rep too. Different strokes..... Maybe Dr. Z. billing it as a "Plexi" is where it didn't quite meet my expectations and fell little short. I ended up getting rid of it a few weeks later. I strongly encourage any interested parties in giving it a listen. Maybe a little more play-time with it and I would have been love stricken..... who knows

BNS
< 300 Posts
< 300 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Postby BNS » 25 Aug 2009, 09:53

Nobody should rip you for that post, which I think is very useful. It is always good to have opposing views, especially when they are respectful. I have a Dr. Z Maz Jr. and I really enjoy the Dr. Z forum as well as this one, but nearly all the posts on that forum are gushing reviews of the amps and almost never a differing opinion.

Return to “Valve Amplifiers”