Moderator: longfxukxnhair

teddy07x
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: BlueFlames 1969 Randy Rhodes Plexi Replica

Postby teddy07x » 11 Mar 2009, 14:23

I prolly could've phrased it better for sure. :) I got a bit caught up in the whole thing.

Well first off, I've played the amp even more now. It truly sounds great. It gives range of vintage tones.
I gotta admit though that it's a different beast than the VM. There are a certain gainy tones it won't get even what you do.

And for those who flame me for using the word "replica"... :ntworth

But I'm sure Surf agrees with me that the BlueFlames stuff truly is amazing...
I wouldn't say soon is the word. Axl Rose

"When asked about his son’s failures, the elder Bush said, “You can go back to your, what do you call it, your Google, and you figure out all that." G.H.W Bush

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 11 Mar 2009, 16:55

But I'm sure Surf agrees with me that the BlueFlames stuff truly is amazing...
They are amazing amps Teddy nobody who has heard the work he does will deny that. But this guy makes use of the best parts and combinations to reproduce a exact handwired replica of one of the best Marshalls ever built, and as you know they are not cheap. Even George at Metro admires his talent in building these replicas. No shame in it being a replica it is as good as the real deal if not better becasue it has newer caps.

These amps are a luxury to have and I am glad you have one. I think you and I can agree this is a amp all players should try to own if possible, but again they are not cheap. I love mine and admittedly I perhaps went a bit over board also when I first got my 69 Superlead also. But make no mistake Teddy, that amp as good as it is won't do everything; I think it is fair to say you own two of the top 10 amps you can buy today. You will come back to the VM for certain stuff as I do and give your ears a chance to heal

I think some of the guys were simply put off by your comparison, thats all. :smash it was was worth a good ball kick :ball kick Once you loose your hard on for the amp (which might be a bit) come back to the family so we can slap the shit out of you. But do come back and post some clips, you are part of our family here :Cheers :party
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

ngibson
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby ngibson » 11 Mar 2009, 18:39

:clap Exactly Surf well said. There's no point in us all being harsh to teddy, He just got carried away with the excitement of his new amp both amps will serve you well.Post some clips and pics of that beast.

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 11 Mar 2009, 23:10

[/quote]
:smash :ball kick

i love these smilies!!!![/quote]

+1
:draw :vmrules

I got a special handwired amp that is very good but different in sound to the VM.
I guess its the excitement , i always sold my stuff to quick in the honeymoon period
Altanon had a good advise for this : DO NOT SELL ANYTHING.
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

MKB
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 5 times
Been liked: 96 times

Postby MKB » 12 Mar 2009, 04:55

An amp like that is great, but when you start playing it live and discover it's too loud so you put a master volume in it, and you then wish it had more gain so you didn't have to use a pedal so you add a boost in the amp, then install an effects loop... Guess where you end up? :vmrules

I love those vintagey amps, but after you add all the circuitry to make it practical and giggable, you end up with a VM or something mighty close.

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 105 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Spotted Dog » 12 Mar 2009, 09:46

MKB wrote:An amp like that is great, but when you start playing it live and discover it's too loud so you put a master volume in it, and you then wish it had more gain so you didn't have to use a pedal so you add a boost in the amp, then install an effects loop... Guess where you end up? :vmrules

I love those vintagey amps, but after you add all the circuitry to make it practical and giggable, you end up with a VM or something mighty close.
Ha Haaa! :clap The grass is always greener, so we end up just chasing (our) tail. :chick :boobs
A lot to be said for a cranked VM w/out pedals... tone as good as it gets with manageable volume levels. Go Steve D. :ntworth
Joe, Jimi, Stevie, Derek, Carlos, Jimmy, Warren, Buddy, Dickie, Eric, Lonnie, Robin, Duane, Luther, David, Tommy, Walter

335, LPs, Strats, Teles, Myra -->> 2266, 425A, JTM1, JMP1H, JCM1H, Lone Star Special, Super Reverb, Dr Z Galaxie & Carmen Ghia, MG 15, Li'l Dawg Tweed Deluxe Clone

TS-808, Blues Driver; Lovepedal, Amp 50, MXR 78 BadAss, Les Lius, Java Boost, Fuzz Head, MXR 10 EQ, Deja Vibe, Cry Baby, Trinity Reverb, Alter Ego Delay, Rat, Big Muff, MK Boost

teddy07x
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby teddy07x » 13 Mar 2009, 21:51

MKB wrote:An amp like that is great, but when you start playing it live and discover it's too loud so you put a master volume in it, and you then wish it had more gain so you didn't have to use a pedal so you add a boost in the amp, then install an effects loop... Guess where you end up? :vmrules

quite frankly, I don't give two shits about live usage. To me studio sound is the most important thing of it all.
For live, the VM is definitely a winner cus you get close, or pretty much the same tones at a more controllable level.
Or you can work around it with pedals and what not.

"When asked about his son’s failures, the elder Bush said, “You can go back to your, what do you call it, your Google, and you figure out all that." G.H.W Bush

Tnjpekar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Tnjpekar » 18 Mar 2009, 06:32

mety wrote:Actually, I'm thinking of releasing a Jimmy Page 3-piece suite replica.
It's nothing like what Jimmy actually used, I just want to use his name to sell more units. :winking
Cool, I was going to try to market an "official Gene Simmons prosthetic tongue extention"
let me know who you get to promote your product, if he charges less than Billy Mays Hayes I will go with your guy :yea :Cheers :beerme :chug

mety
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby mety » 18 Mar 2009, 06:43

How's about a Ritchie Blackmore signature can opener? :party
Gibson Les Paul 25/50 Anniversary Custom, Les Paul Custom, Les Paul Standard, SG Special Faded.
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard Plus,
Custom-Made CH Iommi SG Standard.
Boss GT-10.
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466 (2007), ]JMP50 (1974), 2203 MkII Master Volume. (1979) Orange TH30 (2011)
Marshall Vintage Modern 425A, 425B (2007).
Marshall 1960A (1978) 1960B (1980). (G12T-75's)
http://www.sabbatica.co.uk

teddy07x
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby teddy07x » 20 Mar 2009, 01:31

lukemc wrote:How can it be a replica of an amp that randy didnt use? :smash
i think youve got more money than sense teddy, and dont call our amps shit. there only as good as the player.

SO..... SWIVEL :Jerkoff :lick me :moon :sucks
go fuck yourself. I got money from hard WORK. What I decide to spend my money on is my fucking business.
And no, they are NOT as good as the player. That is a false fact.

lukemc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Been liked: 7 times

Postby lukemc » 20 Mar 2009, 01:43

yes they are, you could have a beginner play through this magical blueflame amp you have that sh*ts on every other amp in the world so bad that you have to come onto here and tell me that my amp is sh*t, and they would still sound like a beginner.
Amps Cabs
2466 Marshall Vintage Modern 425a Marhall G12C Slant Cab
2266c Marshall Vintage Modern
Marshall Class 5

Guitar
08' Gibson R8
00' Gibson R6 (P-90's)
Fender Custom shop 69' Relic Stratocaster

Spotted Dog
Diamond Member
Diamond Member
Has Liked: 105 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Spotted Dog » 20 Mar 2009, 07:32

teddy07x wrote:And no, they are NOT as good as the player. That is a false fact.
So do you mean -- if we all play through your amp we will all be as good as you; or do you mean -- the VM can't keep up with your superior talent? I just want to clarify the record.
Joe, Jimi, Stevie, Derek, Carlos, Jimmy, Warren, Buddy, Dickie, Eric, Lonnie, Robin, Duane, Luther, David, Tommy, Walter

335, LPs, Strats, Teles, Myra -->> 2266, 425A, JTM1, JMP1H, JCM1H, Lone Star Special, Super Reverb, Dr Z Galaxie & Carmen Ghia, MG 15, Li'l Dawg Tweed Deluxe Clone

TS-808, Blues Driver; Lovepedal, Amp 50, MXR 78 BadAss, Les Lius, Java Boost, Fuzz Head, MXR 10 EQ, Deja Vibe, Cry Baby, Trinity Reverb, Alter Ego Delay, Rat, Big Muff, MK Boost

teddy07x
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby teddy07x » 20 Mar 2009, 10:26

Spotted Dog wrote:
teddy07x wrote:And no, they are NOT as good as the player. That is a false fact.
So do you mean -- if we all play through your amp we will all be as good as you; or do you mean -- the VM can't keep up with your superior talent? I just want to clarify the record.
neither, simply that an Amp will never be better than what it is, no matter who fucking plays it.
It's much like a car, if it doesn't do 240mph then it doesn't DO 240mph.
Even if you are the best driver in the world, it's still not gonna go that fast....

Has nothing to do with skills at all. Just has to do with what an amp sounds like.
Or what a product performs like. Like anything else.

teddy07x
<200 Posts
<200 Posts

Postby teddy07x » 20 Mar 2009, 10:28

lukemc wrote:yes they are, you could have a beginner play through this magical blueflame amp you have that sh*ts on every other amp in the world so bad that you have to come onto here and tell me that my amp is sh*t, and they would still sound like a beginner.
ok? and your point is? your feelings are hurt?
do you smoke? no you don't smoke do you? what are you? some kind of fitness freak? go fuck yourself!

lukemc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Been liked: 7 times

Postby lukemc » 20 Mar 2009, 13:20

maybe i should start smoking and be REALLLLLLLLY COOL LIKE SLASH OR SOMETHING!!!!
im embarassed for you thast you made that comment.
Amps Cabs
2466 Marshall Vintage Modern 425a Marhall G12C Slant Cab
2266c Marshall Vintage Modern
Marshall Class 5

Guitar
08' Gibson R8
00' Gibson R6 (P-90's)
Fender Custom shop 69' Relic Stratocaster

Return to “Valve Amplifiers”