Discussion of Valve Amplifiers Vintage and Modern

Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Mats A
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 108 times
Been liked: 199 times

Postby Mats A » 08 Aug 2008, 01:22

A Fender will always sound like a fender. But They make some great amps. Especially for playing blues.

HydroPnik
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Postby HydroPnik » 08 Aug 2008, 07:44

I love the Fender voice and the Marshall voice and put together they sound freaking amazing. My Blues Deville is in the shop getting fixed and when I get it back I'll be spliting my signal to both amp - the VM slightly dirty (mid button engaged) and the Deville clean. For fills/solos my dirt pedals will feed the Deville only.
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466
Marshall 1960TV

HydroPnik
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby HydroPnik » 08 Aug 2008, 12:39

Thanks, Faze. My pedal board is getting pretty full but I still have enough space for one or two more, both of which you have - the Clyde and Eternity.

I'm pretty pleased with the Gypsy Fuzz, but the Fuzz does sound like a great pedal based on the samples I've heard. Kevin makes some of the best reproduction pedals out there so you really can't go wrong. The harmonics and sustain you're describing kind of sounds like when I boost the Gypsy Fuzz with the OCD pedal...that thing really screams then. 8)

The chicago iron pedal does not play well with the other pedals. I have to run it off of a 9v versus the Furman...serious pain in the ass.

Peace!
Marshall 1960TV

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Postby slowpokerhino » 08 Aug 2008, 13:03

HydroPnik wrote:I love the Fender voice and the Marshall voice and put together they sound freaking amazing. My Blues Deville is in the shop getting fixed and when I get it back I'll be spliting my signal to both amp - the VM slightly dirty (mid button engaged) and the Deville clean. For fills/solos my dirt pedals will feed the Deville only.
I used to use a similar settup with my Twin and a JCM900. My drummer still swears that was the best tone I ever had. Do you live in the States? The reason I'm asking is because I have a custom made pedal that I don't use anymore & with this setup it is a gem. I designed the pedal myself. It basically is a loop pedal that you put your overdrive or boost into (or any effect really) and it allows you to send the pedal(s) to just one amp or both amps. It also is a true bypass split (1 in and 2 outs). It allows you to have 3 distinct flavors: both amps dry, 1 wet & 1 dry or both wet.

I no longer use a multi-amp rig so it is useless to me.

HydroPnik
<100 Posts
<100 Posts

Postby HydroPnik » 08 Aug 2008, 13:27

Yes, I do live in the states. Your pedal sounds very interesting...I'll send you a PM for more information.
Marshall 1960TV

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 09 Aug 2008, 00:06

Faze you probably already have owned or tried one, but the MXR 108 Fuzz has a buffer so you can run it after the Wah and not get the oscillation. I don't think its as aggressive as other fuzzes but is all and all a good pedal.

Return to “Valve Amplifiers”