Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Lungo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 18 times

I cheated on my Marshall...

Postby Lungo » 31 Mar 2009, 11:40

I decided to take my new (to me) Voodoo Amps modded Laney VH100R to band practice Thursday night. I have to say I was impressed at the tones this things pushes out. It was nice to get all the chunk for some of the stuff we're going to be doing.

By no means am I giving up on the Vintage Modern. What I am thinking about is how to use both amps, and switch between the two while using the same 4x12 cabinet. I haven't even began to research that yet just thinking out loud. I'd love to be able to use the Marshall for Stone Temple Pilots, GNR, and Velvet Revolver stuff and switch to the Laney for higher gain material like Pantera or Metallica. :think

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: I cheated on my Marshall...

Postby surfnorthwest » 31 Mar 2009, 13:52

I don't think it is cheating. As good as the Vm is there is always going to be room for other amps to project your sound. Just like having multiple guitars amp are the same way. Steve did a great job with designing the VM to cover a range of tones but if you play many different genres then other amps come into play.

Post us some clips if you can
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Lungo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lungo » 31 Mar 2009, 14:00

Post us some clips if you can
If I had the means to do so I would. I could always take my video camera to rehearsel but the volume we play at may be too much for it. It's definately too loud for me to do anything at home. I know everyone has heard of the "light switch" description when talking about volume controls, and this thing is just ridiculous. :eek

If/when we get back to gigging I'll have a video camera rolling at some point.

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 31 Mar 2009, 14:18

http://www.tonebone.com/tb-headbone-vt.htm

Radial has something for everything, there is a slight delay, I think, when switching though.

Lungo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Postby Lungo » 31 Mar 2009, 14:20

Kongels wrote:http://www.tonebone.com/tb-headbone-vt.htm

Radial has something for everything, there is a slight delay, I think, when switching though.
I'll check that out and do some homework, thanks!

Return to “Valve Amplifiers”