Moderator: longfxukxnhair

cadaver_occulta
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

THE TIME HAS COME!!!

Postby cadaver_occulta » 13 Aug 2009, 16:41

I'm gonna put together a sitar/guitar! (or rather, modify a guitar to be an electric sitar) Anyhoo, I have my candidate! A Jay Turser Tele-style with a blue paisley design. (it b pretty) I've got my 3 saddle tele bridge, but that's all so far. I'm trying to find those buzz saddles now in a place that isn't completely in German, and also I'm thinking of having the fretboard scalloped (fully scalloped that is) How much would that cost me to have done as opposed to doing it myself? I'll post pics as soon as it's finished, (I have to get a camera...) oh well...PEACE!!
~Monsieur Cadavre
I just lost the game!!! :(

slowpokerhino
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 30 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: THE TIME HAS COME!!!

Postby slowpokerhino » 13 Aug 2009, 16:54

Sounds interesting. Keep us updated on the progress.

cadaver_occulta
<25
<25

Postby cadaver_occulta » 19 Aug 2009, 10:48

Yeah...never mind about converting that Tele. I just got a deal for the Rogue Sitar ($100 and I quote, "'Cause it's ugly") so sorry for making a post of it! Loving my Jay Turser Paisley Tele tho! :dance PEACE!!!
~Monsieur Cadavre

Kongels
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Kongels » 19 Aug 2009, 15:12

the rogue one is tempting but it might have a hell of a time staying in tune. You can also try just jamming a paperclip under your bridge, lol. Let us know how the Rogue works out. Jerry Jones makes a copy of the Coral ones-

http://www.jerryjonesguitars.com/Master_Sitar.htm

cadaver_occulta
<25
<25

Postby cadaver_occulta » 19 Aug 2009, 22:02

The Rogue actually sounds great! the guy who owned it before the guy I bought it from upgraded the tuners and fixed the truss rod, so it plays great! I'm still thinking about scalloping the fretboard, that would add a bit of a unique touch to it! BTW for those who would like to try this (and whose pedal can go to these parameters) try setting your delay to:

10ms
91 repeats
and all the way up on the level

I found this particualar tone to be quite useful! Try it on the neck p/u tho! (Sitar tone, since we were on that subject)

Return to “Guitars”