Postby surfnorthwest » 23 Jan 2010, 07:10

Couple of good videos for those interested in this amp

[youtube][/youtube]

Research and Development Initial Amp Investigation
[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

kissfanps
Consigliere
Consigliere
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Slash talks about the AFD100 at NAMM

Postby kissfanps » 23 Jan 2010, 08:22

HHAHA everyone was right, Slash can't even remember what he used!
Marshall Class 5
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266C
Granger M50
Cox Tweed Twin
Gibson Les Paul Custom w/ Skatterbrane Goldbranes
Tele Partscaster - USACG '54 Neck, 50's RI Body, Lollars
Fender '56 NOS Stratocaster
Guitar -> TC Polytune -> Fulltone Clyde Deluxe -> TS-808 -> Suhr Koko Boost -> Way Huge Aqua Puss -> Lovepedal Echo Baby -> Amp

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 23 Jan 2010, 10:15

Slash can't even remember what he used!
Thats what I got out of it, if fact you hear him saying outright he is almost sure it wasn't a four hole. Just say NO to drugs kids.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Postby SteveD » 24 Jan 2010, 05:32

Strange how everybody else's opinions are held in higher regard than the guy who was actually there doing it!

The AFD album became very big very quickly and I know how profitable and dare I say less than honest the memorabilia market can be. I can believe that #39 may well have been on offer as an option at the sessions as it probably was at a lot of other artists sessions, but was it used on the final recordings?? There is so much crap surrounding this now that even the people who were there will question their own memories.

The AFD100 will be produced in an effort to give what Slash considers to be the closest he can remember to his tone at that time (not the sound of the recording but his actual sound in the flesh). There is no one on the planet more qualified to do this than him and I know Santiago will be on top of it all the way!
Still my guitar gently weeps

Supernaught
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Supernaught » 24 Jan 2010, 16:08

SteveD wrote:The AFD100 will be produced in an effort to give what Slash considers to be the closest he can remember to his tone at that time (not the sound of the recording but his actual sound in the flesh).

I think that hits the nail TOTALLY on the head. I have spent so much time emulating guitar tones from records and it sounds perfect in the flesh, but as soon as you stick a mic in front of the amp; "BANG," its gone.

Trying to work out how an tone sounded before it was recorded is a neverending task. I still do it for personal pleasure but Ive almost given up making "tribute" Youtube vids :)
Fender Strat (Bare Knuckle Custom '62 pickups), Gibson Les Paul Standard T 2016, Ibanez PGM301, Dean ML, Dean Razorback,
Marshall 2266c
Marshall 2266 half stack
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe I

Return to “Marshall General Discussion”