Moderator: longfxukxnhair

kavoo
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 9 times
Been liked: 2 times

JFX-1 - worth buying?

Postby kavoo » 09 Jul 2013, 14:50

I'm preparing myself to build a rack rig based on JMP-1. Along with it I want to buy some fx processor. My two choices are Marshall JFX-1 and TC Electronic G Major 2. Both at pretty same price level on second hand market.

My primary goal is to achieve Dave Murray tone (or at least as close as possible). I know that he used JFX-1 years ago, nowadays he uses TC's G-Force. I cannot afford G-Force, so I was thinking about cheaper G Major 2.

Which one will suit me better?

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: JFX-1 - worth buying?

Postby surfnorthwest » 09 Jul 2013, 15:15

Worth trying but IMO the TC is much more advanced.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

P A U L
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 989 times
Been liked: 753 times

Re: JFX-1 - worth buying?

Postby P A U L » 09 Jul 2013, 16:32

+1...

I want to get one myself, but my old Alesis Quadroverb II is years ahead of it. From what I hear, the effects are great, but it doesn't have the ability to do too many things at the same time.

My reason for wanting one is purely nostalgic. I have the JMP-1 & EL34 50/50. It would be cool to have the complete set. I wouldn't mind getting a 100/100 as well, but I don't need it.

I've been using my JVM1h for the last month or so. I might get me a TC rack to update the Quadroverb.

Return to “Marshall General Discussion”