Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Vince
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Got my FIX!

Postby Vince » 11 Jun 2010, 14:10

The JMD100 showed up and have spent the last 2 hours fiddling with it in manual mode. The gain is heavenly! The modulation effects leave me wanting more control. The first thing I notice on the effects is the volume drop when you try to pull the effects back out of the mix. They are pretty much in your face from what I have been able to gather. I will probably continue to use my MXR pedals unless there is a way to control the onboard effects better.

Other than that.... I think I chose the right amp for me!

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Got my FIX!

Postby surfnorthwest » 11 Jun 2010, 18:41

Congrats on the amp. No way should those effects be in your face as you can dial in how much of the effect you want in the mix by using the modulation depth or the delay level. Reverb can bring the volume down some but unless you have it dimed it won't be much. Give the amp time, I have had mine for about three months now and feel very comfortable tweaking it, you can't master it in a couple of hours.

Also when you start to tweak a preamp start with the master on five and the preamp volume on 5 and then set your guitars volume to around 7 to give your self some headroom. Once you have the gain and volumes set up then go for any on the effects or noise gate if needed. I find the delay and reverb very good on this amp, if there is other modulation you want to run them you have a great loop availible.

Like I said give the amp and you some time to understand what it will do, it will give you many "wow" moments in the next few days.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall JMD1”