Moderator: longfxukxnhair

bam_79
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Headphones

Postby bam_79 » 08 Feb 2011, 17:55

Anyone tried using headphones with their JMD:1?

On occasions where bedroom levels are still too loud I've had to resort to using headphones to get my fix :party. I've tried a few different types that I had lying around the house from cheap ear buds, iPhone ear buds via an extension cable, and a budget AKG overear set. The AKG has been the best so far but still falls short of what I know the amp is putting out. Before I invest in a decent overear set (budget is around $100USD) I was wondering if anyone else has explored this area and had any suggestions?

Brett

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Headphones

Postby surfnorthwest » 08 Feb 2011, 19:04

Headphones are a crap shoot. I have spent big bucks on fancy ones and also bought moderate priced ones, they all seem to blow out on me over time. BOSE makes the best ones but they are like $300, worth every penny. I have tried many in the studio, the ones below are pretty good for the money, stay away from Sony and AKGs. IMO they are terrible.

Audio-Technica ATH-M45 - great for the money

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 - a bit more but they are even better

Bose QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling - These are the best headphones I ever owned and are perfect for what you are looking for, they are not cheap.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

bam_79
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Headphones

Postby bam_79 » 08 Feb 2011, 20:12

Thanks for the heads up. We seem to get screwed on prices here in Oz.

The M45 is $217 AUD
The M50 is $230 AUD
The Bose QC3 is $599 AUD :wtf obvisouly haven't updated for the AUD to USD exchange rate

The search continues...

-- Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:56 am --

Stumbled upon these yesterday.

http://www.marshallheadphones.com/product/major

They look really cool but reviews of audio quality has been good to average. I'd be interested if anyone here has had any experience with them.

Brett

Return to “Marshall JMD1”