Moderator: longfxukxnhair

sunking420
<200 Posts
<200 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 6 times

JMD-1 and use of headphones....

Postby sunking420 » 04 Apr 2011, 09:48

It's now been five days since I got this amazing head. Trying every experiment with it that I can think of and still can't believe all the tonal possibilities with this amp. Last night I ran it through the headphones and it sounded pretty true compared to running loud with the 1960A cab. I can crank and experiment as loud as I want to now without the neighbors(Actually mine are cool. I don't usually go loud more than an hour during reasonable hours. The one across the street hadn't heard me for awhile and asked that I practice more. He said they missed hearing my guitar. How cool is that?) being bothered. So long story short, I can play with the 16 preamps until 4am if I want, without having to wait for reasonable hours to try new tonal combinations. Just one more cool thing to discover. Like Guitarest said, he's had this amp for awhile and still has 80% to discover. Amazing. I'm working on Zak Wylde's tone from "No More Tears"( I was always amazed by his tone on that track, never knowing how he got it- LOTS OF GAIN!!!!!!) and once I think I've nailed it, I'll post the settings here for others to use. The only thing I want to keep close to my vest tone wise is the Vintage Modern. Anything I come up with on the JMD I'll share. Want to give everyone the settings I find for different tunes and see if your smiles are as big as mine when you try them. The JMD has opened a whole new world of tones for me, coming from a Plexi for so many years. Thanks once again to the "Cool" guys(you know who you are) whom turned me onto this Tone King!!!!!

guitarest
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Wounded Warrior Dogs
Has Liked: 470 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: JMD-1 and use of headphones....

Postby guitarest » 05 Apr 2011, 00:40

sunking420 wrote:
I'm working on Zak Wylde's tone from "No More Tears"( I was always amazed by his tone on that track, never knowing how he got it- LOTS OF GAIN!!!!!!) and once I think I've nailed it, I'll post the settings here for others to use.
Good luck with that, I have a generic setting for Zakk and its exactly like you say everything is dimed. I do not have active pups in any of my guitars although my Schecter Tempest Custom has the loudest pups out of all my guitars so it sounds pretty damn close. I also have a Gibson SG with Classic 57's and it sound pretty damn good also. One thing about Zakk on many of his songs there is just too much ear candy (IMO); although in No More Tears thats not a issue. Thats the album that opened my ears to Zakk. I was stationed in Korea when that album was released and I was asked to learn "Momma I'm coming home" which is another great song. I still play this tune and I love the lead; its very direct and to the point. I play this song (some of the time) with my variac by Line6 so I can have the acoustic tone and the electric tone for the lead. Although that Variac just can not sing like the Les Paul does on that lead.

Yes please post your settings once you get Zakks tone.

Jocko

Lights, knobs, switches, tolex
and other items of worthless junk

maiden666
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: JMD-1 and use of headphones....

Postby maiden666 » 21 Apr 2011, 13:25

yes please post zakks tone that would be great :Pirate2 :ntworth
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Bullseye lp
Mxr Zakk Wylde overdrive
Mxr Black Label Chorus
Greg Covington treble booster(for those queen moments)

Return to “Marshall JMD1”