treewiz
<25
<25
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 0

New member of the JMD Clan!

Postby treewiz » 23 Apr 2010, 16:18

Hello everyone,
I have just done a full circle in my quest for tone and simplicity in the amplifier department. After years of tweaking and less playing, going through countless pieces of equipment ( amps,pedals,modeling gear,etc.ect.) I have purchased a JVM410h ( my second one, first one did not feel or sound right, this one is incredible!) and this JMD501 50 watt 112 combo for a grab and go unit. Well I have to admit I am shocked at how good the little monster feels and sounds! I have reached "UTOPIA" right now! I like alot this amp has to offer as well as the convenience as a package deal. The direct out even sounds acceptable. I think it has some weak points (effect parameters, noise gate limitations, cheaper cab build,(miner), no tuner) but overall this is quite the swiss army knife. I have come up with some really good sounding presets, using all 3 JVM models and the classic preset. I'm sure I will come up with other pre amp uses, but right now with my Midi Buddy I can control any gig I throw at HER! Thanks Marshall for setting me back on track! PEACE! :dance

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: New member of the JMD Clan!

Postby surfnorthwest » 23 Apr 2010, 22:04

Welcome to the forum and congrats on two great amps. A JVM and a JMD are a pretty good combination. As you spend time with the JMD you will find it is a swiss knife, it doesn't take much tweaking to find the good stuff, personally I love the amp. Check out the song I just recorded using the JMD 100.

http://marshallvintagemodern.com/viewto ... =48&t=5189
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

SteveD
Knighted
Knighted
Has Liked: 936 times
Been liked: 930 times

Re: New member of the JMD Clan!

Postby SteveD » 24 Apr 2010, 01:12

Welcome to the forum treewiz. :Thumbs

I'm surprised to see you mention the noise gate in the limitations. Personally I think it's one of the best gates around.
Still my guitar gently weeps

Return to “Marshall JMD1”