Moderator: longfxukxnhair

Makkon
<100 Posts
<100 Posts
Has Liked: 0
Been liked: 3 times

Very Satisfied

Postby Makkon » 13 Jun 2010, 14:59

Just a quick post to say that my JMD102 has arrived and I have had a little bit of time to play with it over the last week or so.
(massive work project going on, with massive overtime required) :thumbsdown

I had this shipped from Guitar Center , my father inlaw signed for it while I was at work , and the UPS guy gave him a (possible damage) sticker if I needed it. The box was pretty beat up , so beat up i photograped the entire thing before opening , just in case it was going back. I wasnt very optimistic at the time that I would not be sending it back. Took the amp out the box , and the amp is moving inside the cabinet , uh oh , not good. Quick inspection reveals to tighten up 4 retaining screws on top of cabinet and amp is nice and snug. :Thumbs Took off the back cover , got out the flashlight and inspected to the best of my ability, everything looks undamaged. Plugged that bad boy in and crossed my fingers and threw the power switch. :Thumbs Let her warm up for a few mins and threw the standby.

Voila.............. Let there be guitar.

So far I have really only played with the preamps manualy and tweaked to my taste. This is definitely a different animal than my JVM410H, once I realized that , I was able to get some pretty impressive tones out of this amp. I havent played around much with the effects , and to be honest I havent been bored with the preamps enough yet, to want to. Build quality seems fine to me, I see nothing that would have me question it, especially after arriving in what appeared to be a broken box. :Thumbs

Anyways , bottom line for me....
This is quite an offering from Marshall for the money, and I believe one that has yet to be recognized by the masses.
Im glad I bought one. :Thumbs

Makkon
Boston,Ma

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Re: Very Satisfied

Postby surfnorthwest » 13 Jun 2010, 17:28

and I believe one that has yet to be recognized by the masses.
Boy isn't that the truth.

Congrats on the amp I am glad it is fine, lord knows UPS has smashed more amps than Peter Townshend. It took me a couple of weeks to learn how to tweak some really good tones and figure out how my pedals play into it but I am really using this thing for recording and it is performing beyond my expectations.

Here is a link to a song I recorded with the JMD over this weekend.

http://marshallvintagemodern.com/viewto ... =16&t=5585
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

bluesbrother
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Has Liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Postby bluesbrother » 14 Jun 2010, 10:15

surfnorthwest wrote:
and I believe one that has yet to be recognized by the masses.
Boy isn't that the truth.
+1 :Thumbs
This amp has so many sounds that people want a judgement within 10
minutes ...... that does this amp no justice.
I am very satisfied with it also , i find it a super awesome amp!!!!

Surf that are really good lyrics in that song , from all your songs i heard
i find the JMD suits your style the best if i may say so!!
I enjoyed the song alot , Thanks.
epiphone les paul standard 1959 limited edition .
epiphone BB King Lucille
Orange Crush 35 RT
boss e-band JS-8 ( 32 GB for backing tracks)
beyer dynamic DT 880 Pro headphones.

surfnorthwest
El Jefe
El Jefe
Has Liked: 4353 times
Been liked: 7813 times

Postby surfnorthwest » 14 Jun 2010, 10:38

It has really come down to this, I have four saved settings on the JMD that will cover me for 75% of all I record. I have the 2466 set up for the Strat only and for my Trower tone I love, can't dial in the JMD to do that. Use the Metro when I want/need a true vintage plexi tone. So yes the JMD is perfect for me.
My Gear
Surf's Jukebox

'When I Don't Have Anything Interesting to Play, I just Play Fast' But then who wants to hear 64 bars full of 32nd-notes except the douche-bag blowing them from the stage.

Return to “Marshall JMD1”